What's new

DVD-ROM Problem

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
I have a Lite-On XJ-HD165H, somehow is not reading DVDs anymore, when I load a disc, the the drive's led just flash around for three minutes and then it doesn't recognize any DVD. The same thing happens with CDs with the difference than adter three minutes it finnaly load them. It is my drive dead? Is there any program to check the drive integrity? I tried Nero Info-Tool but it says that everything is ok, also I have the lastest firmware, so what do you think guys?

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
It sounds pretty dead to me, well ok its not dead but its having trouble reading, you're probably better binning it, you can get dvd writers for very cheap now, or even a new dvd-rom for about 20 bucks.

Eagle

aka Alshain
The actual drive is ok, but the laser is out of alignment. Unfortunately there is no way for anyone except Lite-On to repair it. When a laser goes out of alignment, trying to get it back into place is a needle in a haystack without specs and proper equipment.

OP
t0rek

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Well, Eagle explanation may possibly explain the problem. I already check the drive on another machine, and it's dead. The drive is still has warranty so I'm going to change it for a new one :)

StAmAtIs

Get the latest Samsung DVD-ROM
It's the best one on the market today IMO and it tears through anything you throw at it. Very fast data tranfer rates too.