What's new

Dumping PSX RAM and Viewing.

Thesuperchang

Hi, I'm working on some xploder codes for a game called digimon world(PAL). I've converted some of the NTSC codes to the PAL version, however I can't calculate all of them. So what I intended to do was use an emulator and dump all of its RAM contents into a file where I can use a hex editor to view.

So far I have tried ePSXe and done a savestate, then I used a hex editor(Hexedit) to open the file up and search for known addresses and values however it doesn't seem to work that simple.

I've also tried using some of those PCSX emulators with the build in debuggers. However these emulators do not support the DUMPing, value searching or value changing of the RAM.

What I'd really appreciate is a plugin to any working PSX emulator that would allow me to dump the contents of the RAM in a systematic order so then I could search for values, sort of like T-Search for the PC.

Thanks in Advance,
C. Anderson.

OP
T

Thesuperchang

The pSX emulators debugger seems to be a lot more friendlier then the PCSX emulators, however it still does not allow me to do a memory dump. Also the cheater engine looks good however its no good for me unless I can either bleem of VGS to run on my computer. Aside from all that, thanks for your help.

OP
T

Thesuperchang

Never mind. It turned out that pSX did have a way of dumping all the memory contents. I've hacked the codes I was looking for. Thank you for your help.