What's new

dual booting win xp and linux

Buck_Bucholz

i like to put holes in my face
ok coming off my what should i get for my new computer thread...and thanx to everyone who helped with idea's, i have decided i want to dual boot windows xp pro and linux on the computer im going to build, so i would like any input on which linux im thinking mandrake but id like to hear what everyone has to say. now i will be learning linux so keep that in mind, i want something that will be mildly easy to learn but something that will keep me into it and something that i can step up to(like a different version or so on, so im looking for just a all around linux os. also im not going to be running a server etc. so its just going to be a personal gaming computer.:bunny:

so any input from the emutalk linux user's would be great...thanx :)

ok im checking our the mandrake site right now and im almost sold, im just going through compatibility with the motherboard and chipset, video card all that good stuff i want so far everything is A ok with mandrake 9.0, but still any input would be awsome from you guys

Last edited:

radTube

lazy bastard
Just go ahead and grab Mandrake if you're planning to use it as a gaming platform. It's really easy to install and configure and works fine. However, If you ever want to do any serious tweaking, I'd recommend some distro like Gentoo etc.

Gaenya

I agree, for a starter install mandrake, then when you feel confortable with linux and if you have a good net connection try gentoo.