What's new

Driver updates

Master Sword

A Freakin' Old Sword
well this should probly go somewhere else but i wasnt sure where else to post this, but i have a GeForce2 MX video card and everytime i try and download driver updates for it in some form or another it says the download is corrupt so i was wondering if someone could in some way send me a working driver update installer

thanks alot :pj64:

ra5555

N64 Newbie
well firstly this should be in Techtalk, but its ok I am sure a mod will help move this thread

and did you download your drivers from the official nvidia site? and everytime its corrupted?
I am sure its very unlikely that the files that are on the nvidia site are corrupted... if all the other downloads are working fine in your computer, I'd say that there is something wrong with your system..

If thats the case you are better off backup and format

Trotterwatch

Master Sword, when you download the drivers from the Nvidia site, do you use a download manager of some description?

If so, then turn it off (the site actually tells you not to use them), I have used them a couple of times, and have always gotten a corrupted download.

neoak

Triforce of Something...
That's funny. I have used Getright to download everything and i get the files fine.

I think you must edit the address and remove the "javascript:" thing.

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Yeah some sites dont like download managers, if it says to not use them to download the files then its best to follow the instructions :)

OP
Master Sword

Master Sword

A Freakin' Old Sword
yeah well ok i have gozilla and i turned it off and then i downloaded it but it still said it was corrupt would i have to totally remove gozilla? should i get getright instead? ;) thanks

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Just download it with the IE download function. If it's still corrupt, try to get the drivers from other sites, like guru3d.com .

OP
Master Sword

Master Sword

A Freakin' Old Sword
ra5555 said:
I am sure its very unlikely that the files that are on the nvidia site are corrupted... if all the other downloads are working fine in your computer, I'd say that there is something wrong with your system..

If thats the case you are better off backup and format [/B]

hey yeah i downloaded it now withough the download manager and everythign and i can get to the part where it asks the directory to have it be installed and then it says that it is corrupts and cant go any further......I REALLY dont want to format my computer.....AGAIN.....:cry:

Trotterwatch

Do you have a Virus checker installed and enabled? If so try disabling it as a temp measure whilst downloading the file. Then install also with the virus checker disabled.

Also delete all of your temp files.

OP
Master Sword

Master Sword

A Freakin' Old Sword
ok i figured out my problem i had a Nvidia GeForce2 MX AVG Bios so i just need to get a different version of the driver update, so i got it and now everything works great thanks anyway guys :pj64: :D ;) :cool: