What's new

Dreamcast to VMU question

diablo2121

teh diAbLo
I'm wondering if there is a way to download game saves on the internet, and then burn them on a disc along with a program of some kind that will help transfer those game saves directly on your VMU via your Dreamcast? I don't have a BBA or Nexus adapter for the VMU, and I was wondering if there is an alternative way of transfering save files without going online using the DC webbrowser.

Thanks for any help.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
But that would mean he'd still have to go online with his DC, which is what he's not wanting to do. So that doesn't answer anything. As for an app to do that, I have not seen one anywhere, and I've looked at a thousand DC utilities web sites.

Spider7767

diablo2121 said:
I'm wondering if there is a way to download game saves on the internet, and then burn them on a disc along with a program of some kind that will help transfer those game saves directly on your VMU via your Dreamcast? I don't have a BBA or Nexus adapter for the VMU, and I was wondering if there is an alternative way of transfering save files without going online using the DC webbrowser.

Thanks for any help.

Here you go

http://www.dchomebrew.org/vmutool.shtml

OP
diablo2121

diablo2121

teh diAbLo

OK thanks, one quick question. Do I just run this app through fast boot with the game saves I want to produce a burnable, self-bootable .cdi?

.::EDIT::.
Nevermind, I figured out how to burn it on a disc, but when I try to transfer a .vmi file from the disc to the VMU, it keeps saying that it can't open the vms file. Anyone know how to help? Thanks.

.::EDIT RELOAD'd::.
Haha, nevermind. Problem solved. I had to have duplicate files, one with .vmi and one with .vms. Thanks for all the help guys.

Last edited:
OP
diablo2121

diablo2121

teh diAbLo
I have one more question. (Haha, I'm full of them)

Is there a way to extract save files that I have from Chankast to .vmi files so I can transfer them to VMU.

Another question thatis related. Do .dci files work with the Dreamcast VMU? If it does, I won't have to worry about extracting a .vmi.

Another relative question. What does the RAW export option do in the VMSbrowser? I tried it and all I get is an undefined file.

All and any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.