What's new

Dr. Mario and Puzzle League Issues

jessman1988

Banned
Hey, is there a way to fix the full screen flickering in Dr. Mario? If I'm in the middle of a level and try full screen, it also ruins the background and turns it into a blur. And in Pokemon, is there any way to make the videos run and the actual game have less gfx errors? thanks.

Clements

jessman1988 said:
Hey, is there a way to fix the full screen flickering in Dr. Mario? If I'm in the middle of a level and try full screen, it also ruins the background and turns it into a blur. And in Pokemon, is there any way to make the videos run and the actual game have less gfx errors? thanks.

Glide64 is almost flawless with both these games, as well as fullspeed. Dr. Mario has no gfx errors in-game with all the pills and background rendered correctly, and the videos played in Pokemon Puzzle League too last time I tried it. This is with no modifications to Glide64 settings.

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
cool! lol. sorry. i know that i should've tested them with all of the plugins first. it's just that my understanding was Rice's Video was the only plugin to play them correctly. thanks again, Clements!

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
darnit, lol. you meant without a wrapper, didn't you? i just tried glide64 with evoodoo and both games have serious errors.

Clements

I use Hacktarux's wrapper since eVoodoo was meant for old cards, while Hacktarux's is meant for cards that have decent OpenGL support.

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
oh.......cool! thanks!

EDIT: uh..........where can i download it? lol. i searched the wrappers portion of this site and found nothing.

EDIT: I got it, nevermind, lol. but I'm having serious issues with Super Smash Brothers. Donkey Kong's chest overlaps his when when angled and certain way, and certain parts of every character seem to other parts. And 2-D items such as the shield don't even show up. Well, Puzzle League works around 95% for me, but in Dr. Mario some things have black boxes around them. Anything I can do? thanks again.

Last edited:

Clements

-Glide64 is not the best choice for Super Smash Bros., Direct64 is the best for this game but you can't use it without a Pixel Shader enabled card, so you should try glN64().

-With Donkey Kong, I have no graphical problems with Glide64, try using Rice's Video or Jabo's plugin or using newer graphics drivers from Guru3D, or the 30.82 detonators.

-With Dr. Mario, I don't get these errors with Glide64, so again it's probably the graphics card/drivers causing the problem. Edit: Super 2xSAI removes the pink edges to the sprites somewhat:

Last edited:
OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
ok. thanks! btw, i really appreciate you putting up with me, lol. do you have links to the drivers that you want me to use, by any chance? thanks a million!