What's new

Doom 3!!! Holly Crap

Just got this thing from other forum, is that true??? I mean, jesus christ, what in the hell is this!!!!!!

Speculative DOOM III System Requirements:

Minimum:

CPU: 800MHZ ~ 1GHZ
GeForce 3 TI / ATI 9600 Pro
256 MB RAM

Standard:

CPU: 1,7GHZ ~ 2GHZ
GeForce 4 TI 4400/4600 - ATI 9700/Pro
512 MB RAM

Optimal:

CPU: 2,5GHZ ~ 2.8 GHZ
GeForce 5800FX/5900FX - ATI 9800 Pro
786 ~ 1024MB RAM

Reactions: Lex
Umm

Yeah, but what I mean is, crap!!! cant imagine next year, many games will have doom 3 engine, so, the requirements for playing games will gom up a lot, and i just bought my new pc...

:ranting:

ra5555

N64 Newbie
This doesn't look right, I mean the minium is GeForce 3 TI / ATI 9600 Pro, and the standard is GeForce 4 TI 4400/4600 - ATI 9700/Pro. From almost all respected sites, the readon 9700 is significantly faster than the GF4 Tis. The 9600 should be faster than the GF3 by all means too, either this is fake or the Doom3 is only heavily optimized for Nvidia Cards.

joel_029

Lead Guitarist
I've heard that it is pretty optimized for nVidia because it's supposed to be completely an OpenGL game. Read that in a magazine.

OGl

Yeah, it sgonna be OGL as a weird thing coming from ID software, and regarding the g3 vs radeon , i think the direct competition for the g3 should be the radeon 8xxx or some

noctrun

noctrunal internet surfing guy
David_Hayter said:
Yeah, it sgonna be OGL as a weird thing coming from ID software, and regarding the g3 vs radeon , i think the direct competition for the g3 should be the radeon 8xxx or some

we are talking about the geforce 3 TI-Series and that beats (atleast the geforce ti 500) all the ati radeons < 9600 due to the same reason why ati doesn't compare to nvidia: ati's drivers just aren't as good, they improve and came a long way but are still not too solid form what I hear... but this isn't about ati vs nvidia it's about doom3's system requirements and I can tell you that I have seen the above before and they are not official but a very good guess

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
joel_029 said:
I've heard that it is pretty optimized for nVidia because it's supposed to be completely an OpenGL game. Read that in a magazine.

Even though ATi did leak the E3 beta the engine is still optimized for ATi cards.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
noctrun said:
we are talking about the geforce 3 TI-Series and that beats (atleast the geforce ti 500) all the ati radeons < 9600
Not really, Radeon 9500 > GF3 Ti500... In fact, I would say it's even better than the 4600 due its DX9 features, but that's a shot in the dark.

Remote

I would be plain stupid not to go with what works best for the moment, which in my book is ATI, but hasn't Carmack always been attracted to nVidia? It has been a long, long time since I read his cute diary but it used to be pretty nVidia biased...

I Guess

vampireuk said:
Screw Doom3, Half-life 2 all the way :p

Yeah, maybe, but what about tech specs for this one, will they be helluva bigger than doom 3??? i hope not, just upgraded to this PC a week ago, and hope at least to be able to play half-life 2, of course, with a better videocard

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Bullllllllllllllll shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

:\

I get the feeling that these spec lists were probably derived from the leaked demo, rather than from the final game. The leak's performance is really awful, and is far too sensitive to how much RAM you have (people have gained on the order of 20fps from adding more RAM).

And there's no way the minimum spec would call for "GeForce3 or Radeon 9600" - the Radeon 9500 and 9600 series is right on par with GeForce4Ti, not 3.

And finally, Carmack himself said that the GeForce FX5800 Ultra is 'only slightly faster' than Radeon 9700 Pro - not 9800, 9700 - and with less quality, to boot.