What's new

Dont Mean To Pry

garygar21

I dont want to sound like im prying or anything but i cant find on the forum anywere what is the estimated time of release for 0.9.9 or will you just wate till 1.0... just asking. Im new to the forum and i dont want to make anyone mad and you prob heard it a million times but i think its a liget question o and one more thing does anyone know how to fix the border around conkers bad fur day it looks like the snow image on a tv screen just colorful it only at the very top but its anoying and i get some wierd graphics on the left and right mabey 10 pixls wide on all 3 sides. I use Jabos d3d7, i dont know if it is a setting or not

karth95

Lord of the Cats
at this point, giving a release date would be premature.
We don't want a situation where we tell you, oh, next month, then next month its the month after, etc.
It'll be ready (All together now!) When it's ready.

OP
garygar21

garygar21

karth95 said:
We don't want a situation where we tell you, oh, next month, then next month its the month after, etc.

thanks for the reply it was highly apprecieated*<---(i think i spelt it wrong)...lol... but anyways i will be glad to wate it sounds like it will be awsome.

Good things happen to people who wait :)

pandamoan

Banned
garygar21 said:
thanks for the reply it was highly apprecieated*<---(i think i spelt it wrong)...lol... but anyways i will be glad to wate it sounds like it will be awsome.

Good things happen to people who wait :)

oh and jabo's d3d6 is actually a much better gfx plugin, and may solve your problems.... it's a later (read newer) release.

it comes in pj64 1.5, where as d3d7 came in pj64 1.4.. see?

also, specs etc. may help us solve your conker problem, but first try jabo 1.5 (d3d6) :D

good luck!

jamie

OP
garygar21

garygar21

pandamoan said:
oh and jabo's d3d6 is actually a much better gfx plugin, and may solve your problems.... it's a later (read newer) release.

it comes in pj64 1.5, where as d3d7 came in pj64 1.4.. see?

also, specs etc. may help us solve your conker problem, but first try jabo 1.5 (d3d6) :D

good luck!

jamie

thanks jamie ill give it a try

OP
garygar21

garygar21

garygar21 said:
thanks jamie ill give it a try

thanks a lot for the advice :D i downloaded the pj64 service pack took the pluging Jabos d3d6 1.5.1 and mand did it get a increase and it fixed my conker problem ;) . does jabo still update his plugins or is that the final one that was made.....

pandamoan

Banned
garygar21 said:
thanks a lot for the advice :D i downloaded the pj64 service pack took the pluging Jabos d3d6 1.5.1 and mand did it get a increase and it fixed my conker problem ;) . does jabo still update his plugins or is that the final one that was made.....

afaik last, but they've been known to "lie" before. ;) though it matters little because the rice plugin, glide plugin, gl plugin, etc. are starting to exceed it in certain ways atm.

rice's plugin plays many games jabo's will not, as will the glide plugin. However for raw beauty the gl plugin is simply gorgeous. At this time the jabo plugin wins because it is somewhere in between these two catagories, (in my opinion). However the imminent release of the new rice plugin is likely to be a stunner, from what i've read in many threads.

good luck!

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
pandamoan said:
afaik last, but they've been known to "lie" before. ;) though it matters little because the rice plugin, glide plugin, gl plugin, etc. are starting to exceed it in certain ways atm.

rice's plugin plays many games jabo's will not, as will the glide plugin. However for raw beauty the gl plugin is simply gorgeous. At this time the jabo plugin wins because it is somewhere in between these two catagories, (in my opinion). However the imminent release of the new rice plugin is likely to be a stunner, from what i've read in many threads.
good luck!
Personally as i Radeon GFX Card user i don't like having to use 3DAnalyze.exe & have to force SW TnL or emulate HW TnL caps before i even use Rices Plug.

once i have used it i still find it looks better on Jabos Plug then it does rices on DX Or OGL.

In fact if i had to make a decent comparison (secondary & Third Plug) after using Jabos it would be glN64 & then TR64 D3D.

Last edited:

scotty

The Great One
karth95 said:

GaryGar:
I am not a beat tester, but it is rumoured that it should be done in 2 or 3 weeks, but then again the beta testing has found a few bugs that have taken quite some time to fix, by looking at the screenshots, Schibo is fixing the bugs.

Always remember: do not push the beta testers, they are working on their own time, they are not getting paid to do this work in any way shape or form.

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
I myself would love to see a brilliant final release of 1964 sooner rather than later, but coding the thing is simply a mammoth task.

If the team could get it together in time for a release this Christmas, I'd be pleased with that. By they should have had time enough to iron out the great majority of these bugs that are being found here and there.

Clearly it's best, as they keep telling us, to wait until the emulator is as good as it possibly can be before it's released, as opposed to a beta-style unfinished release, say, next week.

OP
garygar21

garygar21

For some reason the rices plugin dosent give me as good resaults as jabos.
the thing i like about rices plug in is all the options its great gut the compatibility with it for me isnt so great

scotty

The Great One
garygar21 said:
For some reason the rices plugin dosent give me as good resaults as jabos.
the thing i like about rices plug in is all the options its great gut the compatibility with it for me isnt so great

The weird thing about that is that Rice's plugin was designed using that exact same graphics card you are using. Jabo's plugin is still more compatible, then again when the new 1964 comes out Rice's plugin will be included, as well as Schibo's audio (something I wonder about how good it actually is, since its his first audio plugin) and you do not know what to expect with those. I hear that they are both really good, but I have to take words as those plugins are restricted to beta testers.

OP
garygar21

garygar21

scotty said:
The weird thing about that is that Rice's plugin was designed using that exact same graphics card you are using. Jabo's plugin is still more compatible, then again when the new 1964 comes out Rice's plugin will be included, as well as Schibo's audio (something I wonder about how good it actually is, since its his first audio plugin) and you do not know what to expect with those. I hear that they are both really good, but I have to take words as those plugins are restricted to beta testers.

Hmmmm thats not nice lol...just kidding. you know even if the beta dont get released soon it would be cool if they could realease one of the plugins or 2 so we the non beta testers can play with them. i guarentee they would get all the feed back they could ever want...just an idea

karth95

Lord of the Cats
Rice's compatibility is different than Jabo's. It may be better, may be worse, but for now, it's different. It plays a lot of things Jabo's doesn't. Jabo's, however, is amazingly beautiful in the games it does work in. Rice's is too, I'm just sayin, Jabo's is amazing. Jabo is writing a general plugin for all DirectX compatible cards. Rice is writing a plugin that works really well for GF2MX440 cards.

Hyper19s

Banned
karth95,, hyper here, did you just say that jabo is making a new plugin??!! ,,,,,, I mean thats what
im reading in your post!!

yes or no

OP
garygar21

garygar21

garygar21 said:

if you read my post carefully you will see that i didnt say he was or implying that he might be i was just asking if he was going to or is d3d6 1.51 his last one. because realy i would love another plugin of his to come out because i can play all my roms with his plug in no problem. i guess the only thing i would like to see in it would be more options....like the sia or what ever its called. unless rices plugin get significent ley better for my system. i just dont see why it dont work that good i use a gforce2 mx400 and thats what it was made around...(no affence to rice of cours i love all the options and stuff in his plug in keep up the good work rice :gunman: .