What's new

Dont buy ThrustMaster

tbag

Ok i just bought for $20 AUD a Thrustmaster Light & Magnifier & Protector for GBA

Ok i get home open it looks great etc..
put it on my GBA find out that it takes only AAA batteries instead of AA for GBA and the magnifier screen is all scratched and the lights are dim as hell you can get more out of half a matchstick end lit :angry:

The other thing is that this was in a Toys R Us shop 30-40 mins from my area :angry:

And my review of ThrustMster is 0/10
seriously its cheap plastic etc.. it doesnt clip in properly into the GBA

Anyhow this is the first time i bought ThrustMaster i always thought they were cheap bastards now i know why...

Stezo2k

S-2K
thanx for the tip, why not get a GBA internal Light? they sell em @ lik-sang, well they did before MS closed em down :(

Stez

OP
tbag

tbag

Yeah i know but im waiting for the rumoured Nintendo Internal Lighter ;)

Eagle

aka Alshain
Thats bullshit, you have one bad experience and you say to not buy from them. I have a Thrustmaster Dual Power PC gamepad and I couldnt be happier with it. OK, I would be happier with it if its rumble worked in ePSXe but I think thats not the gamepads fault its ePSXe's fault. Its an awesome gamepad, they did have some driver troubles with XP when M$ first released it but they are fixed now.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Besides, whats wrong with AAA bateries, and second the scratched screen thing is probably a defect that doesnt happen often. You just got the unlucky box. Every company has a defective product now and then, its called human error.

adi

get out of my house
Eagle said:
Thats bullshit, you have one bad experience and you say to not buy from them. I have a Thrustmaster Dual Power PC gamepad and I couldnt be happier with it. OK, I would be happier with it if its rumble worked in ePSXe but I think thats not the gamepads fault its ePSXe's fault. Its an awesome gamepad, they did have some driver troubles with XP when M$ first released it but they are fixed now.

damn right eagle, but why cant the lazy programmers put rumble support in their games? GTA3 and THPS3 are prime examples. also, the dpads the best ive ever used

Eagle

aka Alshain
I like the PSX D-Pad better, but sonyhas that one copyrighted so nobody else can make it.

OP
tbag

tbag

hmm

Yeah there controllers are fine just there GBA light isnt ;)
anyhow i was pissed when i typed this anyhow i got my $20 back :)

Olger901

Banned
Eagle: I got the same gamepad you got there overhere and it works like CRAP. After a year one of the analog sticks broke down. The rumble only works half the time. The drivers from Thrustmaster EAT rescourses especially in WinXP. and in 98 it causes my PC to crash in other words Thrustmaster is CRAP

2nd: Here in The Netherlands they do make other D-Pad's which are a lot cheaper (Then the Sony ones) and are made by a brand called Piranha

OP
tbag

tbag

Piranha is a more catchier name then ThrustMaster
bt atleast someone else here has a grudge against Thrustmaster

Eagle

aka Alshain
Ive never had a problem with my Gamepad, Ive had it two years, use it all the time. It has a lifetime warranty should something go wrong. The drivers dont eat my resources. They are kind of primitive, the drivers for Gravis are fancier, but Thrustmaster has better pads and the drivers work ok. tbag, the "Thrustmaster" name is actually a subset company of .Guillemot which also has the subset company Hercules who is the formost leader in graphics cards. Lets just face it, Guillemot is the best in all respects :p

OP
tbag

tbag

Huh? i thought Guillemot was only there Distrubitor from there factorys from what they said :(

Eagle

aka Alshain
No, Guillemot is the actuall company, they have sub-companies that operate in the higherarchy below them. They do distribute on their own.

adi

get out of my house
i have the dualpower as well and its caused no problems for over a year now? you sure that it eats resources, the thrustmapper program takes up less than 1% on my pc