What's new

donkey kong 64 !??

mantis

I wouldn't write so many posts if i had solved the problem. So far only the Level 3. barrel-blast mini game worked with the cf trick. This is not a major breakthrough as the following arcade-mini game( donkey kong 1983) is full with graphical bugs - unplayable.

Remember Banjoo kazzoie emulated under ULtrahle?The spiral mountain bridge was broken; some guys fixed it with a cheat. Banjoo tooiee Jet force Gemini also have its dirty little tricks.For example in Dk64 the memory card saving is buggy
We neeed some guy who could make a cheat to deal with the problem,to Break the copy protetion.
Are there any cheatmakers out there??????

Smiff

Emutalk Member
i can't follow what's up with DK64, and don't care that much, I'll probably just class it as "Only intro/part OK".

Yoshi

sympathetic dinosaur
Smiff said:
i can't follow what's up with DK64, and don't care that much, I'll probably just class it as "Only intro/part OK".

Why you don't care? ???They're talking about a serious bug that can't let you continue the game making it unplayable!

OP
jaffa_sinas

jaffa_sinas

yeah yoshi your totally right.. hey smiff i will explain it:
dk64 works good, intro , world1 and the first level.. the only problem you have is that gfx thingy; where the polygons stick out of the characters.. (that's not a big thing though)
but the second problem makes the game unplayeble..
in the first level (forest) you must play a barrel game to earn a 'golden banana'. u must shoot from one barrel to another (ever played dk on gameboy or so; well it's the same, just in 3d)
when u shoot u must aim at the right angle cuz otherwise u fall back.. well no mather at what angle u shoot u cant fall into the next barrel ??? but that's not that so f*cked up cuz u can apply a cheat to get the banana (it's the last one u need).. but in the second level, angry aztek u must do the same to free a llama and when the llama is freed u can free another character in the game : Lanky.. But to free the llama dk needs to play another barrel game to get the key.. well in this game he doesn't even get in the barrel; he shoots up and falls back again.. he never enters the barrel :cry:
well there's the option (like mantis posted) that u can free lanky with the cheat.. but u still can't get into a piece of the level (the llama's house) cuz it's not opened.. :(
in the third level level another barrel game works.. but then the dk arcade does not work.. u need to play the arcade (it's the original first dk!!) but u can't see sh*t!
so a piec of the game still remains unplayeble..
it's like playing zelda (oot or mm) but u can't get like the golden gountlets or somnething like that.. u can still beat a boss (with a cheat) but u will never complete the game becuz u missed a piece......
hey smiff i don't blame u for not wanna look at it cuz some other games i don't like or just don't givva f*ck about them
but somebody else then?? can they plz take a look

Allnatural

You guys imply that Smiff hasn't checked into the problem. I'm sure he has, and I have too. There doesn't seem to be a fix, and I tried everything at my disposal.

Big deal I say, I'd rather play the SNES DKC games anyway.

OP
jaffa_sinas

jaffa_sinas

yeah i know about those cheats but that's not a real fix.. i mean it's something with the emu.. it's not a bad dump cuz i have all the versions and all have the same problem.. it's not gfx problem or so.. it's like a big bug in the game.. and one of the roms is the dump of my cartridge (ntsc) and it still doesn't work

Allnatural

Short answer--Just live with it.

Long answer--The source code is available, try to fix the problem yourself.

Eh?:colgate:

Yoshi

sympathetic dinosaur
Yeah, that suks DK 64 run greatly on my pentium 3 500 (even if runnin at 40-50 vi/s the sound don't skip)

mantis

Maybe not the emulator is to blame for the barrel mini game issue .the bug is possibly
in the rom as a few weeks ago 1964 users also reported the same
problem. I heard rumors about in the 90`s Hong-kong pirate companies
whose dumped and burned snes sega n64 etc roms .THe original cartridge may
have a hardware copy protection and thats causes all
problems.Therefore some cheat would be useful to replace the code.

OP
jaffa_sinas

jaffa_sinas

but then why is dk64 the only game with 'this copy protection thing'?? i mean dk64 wasn't even as big a game as one of the zelda's.. it must be an emu problem.. becuz in some parts of the game, the game goes too fast! and it's not the fps. even if u slow it down it still f*cks up

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Have you guys ever heard of NRage's plugin?
It can change the sensitivity of the controller so that you actually can complete the mini-games in DK.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
jaffa_sinas said:
but then why is dk64 the only game with 'this copy protection thing'??

Jet Force Gemini and Banjo Tooie also have copy protection (boy, RARE sure loves this stuff!). u ppl do know the frame buffer emulation fix for dk 64 now right?

mantis

Doomulation, have you tried this "controller plugin trick" in the reality? If haven't, may I offer you a save state?(I wont be able to test it until weekend)
Thanks

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
mantis said:
Doomulation, have you tried this "controller plugin trick" in the reality? If haven't, may I offer you a save state?(I wont be able to test it until weekend)
Thanks
Err... no, I haven't tested this since I don't seem to be able to get anywhere on the game. Can't seem to find my way in the beginning. I'm pretty sure it'll work. 'Cuz that has helped me on other games.

mantis

In my opinion the main problem is the collision or distance rather than the speed .If you try the 3. level barrel mini game with counter factor set to 2 donkey will not even reach the next barrel. WHen set to cf3 the distances precise.