What's new

donkey kong 64

roMAN#1

hey i was just wondering if 1964 is the best emulator to play donkey kong 64 or if i should use another emulator.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
For your specs, yes. Gfx plugin should probably be glide64+evoodoo. Find them in the downloads section here.

scotty

The Great One
1964 is the best system for playing DK64, but PJ64 is good just because Jabo's Directsound is the best audio plugin for it, for me anyways

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
DK64 is one of the few games that is not worth playing emulated.

Get yourself a real n64 with expansion pak and play it on that, no timing problems what so ever.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Sorry, with those specs you should really not bother with N64 emulation. The only emulator that'll run at full speed is Corn, and I don't know if it'll work with that gfx card (don't know much about Corn, really, other than it's super fast, buggy, and has a really low compatibility rate.)

firestarter

Mahoukenshi Master!
Yeah, from the looks of it, I agree.....I don't know why they still build Celerons........But integrated chipsets are not good with games......

scotty

The Great One
Will DK64 ever be emulated properly or is this the best things get - it is so unstable

The only hope is that Schibo fixes it with the new version of 1964 which will come out sometime, well never know when

OP
R

roMAN#1

i don't know why u guys are saying that i shouldn't bother wih n64 emulation. the other two roms that i have are Zelda OoT and Zelda MM and i am capable at running those games anywhere from
55-60 frames per second

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Roman that is not what we are saying. DK64 is notorious for dodgy camera and crashing and not going through barrels!!! The Zeldas are both almost perfect now!

Well, I am almost sure that you can fix it partitially by using CF3 in game and by going trough a barrel you need to use CF4.

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
scotty said:
Will DK64 ever be emulated properly or is this the best things get - it is so unstable

The only hope is that Schibo fixes it with the new version of 1964 which will come out sometime, well never know when
I doubt it will be fixed anytime soon. It's doing something weird in some timings which no one has seemed to figure out. If it was easy, then it would be solved already.

scotty

The Great One
It will get fixed sooner or later. I know that Schibo has been determined to fix it for his next release, thats probably why it is taking so long, other than his real life being busy