What's new

donkey kong 64 us works

mantis

with a simple trick I made the us version of donkey kong 64 under pj64 1.4 playable. Pj64 1.3 could run the game although with several framerate issues etc.. so i loaded it , started it and saved an emulator state after the main logo.I copied this save-state in the pj64 1.4 save directory.I used this one when pj64 1.4 started emulation (or i set video memory to 4 mb and the rom stopped at missing extension pack screen ).The 1.4 version runs the game at kick ass framerates,but the cinemas must be turned off (loop) .I also was capable of fixing the camera problems-set the "Chimpy cam" to free or in the video plugin set dlist on.I experienced better speed with jabo's dx6 plugin on my thunderbird 900 machine.Neverthless the game cannot be completed because the barrel mini game doesn't work properly, but it's 30-40% playable.

Allnatural

I have a better idea. How about setting the counter factor to 3, and setting the framebuffer emulation to "emulate clear". No need to swap save states.:)

hotshitu

Banned
Ah, someone confirming the barrel game issue, unfortunately it's the same on 1964, other than that, I've had no problems on protected memory, no crashes, nada. Just better sound due to Jabo's.

PS: Someone fix that protected bitch, please? ;)

Allnatural

Exactly which barrel game is causing the problem, or is it all of them? What is happening? Crash? Hang? Graphic glitch?

OP
M

mantis

dk64 barrel blast mini-game problems

I have to confess I never played dk 64 on a real nintendo 64 (in our country this hard to copy cartridge system never got much popularity ) . On the second level (angry aztec) there is a barrel blast mini game: donkey stands on a platform in front of a lama picted building and shoots himself in the sky. In my point of view the problem is the collision with the barrel because dk falls trough the barrel and the mini game doesn't even start.Maybe i lame but I also was not able to complete the barrel blast mini game on the first level( jungle japes) for a familiar reason- after one or two blasts the character can't make it to the next barrel , no matter which angle i shoot it out.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Armen needs to change to recompiler.

Could someone please FTP me a state for this "barrel level"

pj-ts.dynip.com l/p guest/guest

thanks