What's new

Donkey Kong 64 EEPs crapping out

Protoman

Mmkay. So I have a problem. I've been playing Donkey Kong 64 for a while now and have beaten ALL the barrelblasting routines (switching counterfactors in midair, etc...)I try to avoid using savestate when playing DK64, since 1964's savestates are a bit shaky, as I have learned from past and painful experience. But occasionally the going gets too nasty and I have recourse to the usual F5...F7...F5...F7. Even then I try to watch my ass, since an EEP can be damaged when a savegame corrupts, as I have learned. Usually if something goes horribly wrong after I hit F7, if possible I save to EEP and reset.

This time it has yet backfired. It started getting cooky, so I saved and reset.

And my savegame wasn't there: Just the semitransparent banana and the word EMPTY. Desperate, I switched savestates, saved to EEP, and tried again. Still not there. Frantically I tried this with every single savestate. None resurrected my savegame. If I delete the EEP from the directory and try again, a new .EEP file appears, but doesn't work.

So here I am. All that's left of my DK64 quest is a bunch of unstable savestates. I've tried importing a PJ64 EEP and it loads correctly, but when I save to it again, it's corrupted and appears as EMPTY...

So, is there anything I can do to get my savegame back? I'll give more information if you ask.

prankster959

i can't help but would you please share how you beat the barrel blasting in detail?
is changing the counter factor all you have to do?

whenever i change it around too much it either exits out or freezes