What's new

Donkey Kong 64 doesnt work

Yojinbo

In fact, Donkey Kong 64 is not working with Project64 1,5.
The Rom has the ending .rom
Maybe this is why?
After loading it, a screen appears which says something like checking your rom or emulator settings.
Do i need some kind of plugin?
If yes, where do I get it from?

thx.

Josep

eyerun4phun
hehe, b4 you get flammed;) what are you computer specs? like what graphics card do you have and stuff? last time i checked good old: www.smiff.clara.net helped everyone out nicely with plugins and everything with n64 stuff;)

ShadowFX

Guardian
What cooliscool said is correct. Verify your ROM with GoodN64, and be sure when it's renamed or scanned that it is called 'Donkey Kong 64 (U/E) [!].v64/rom'.

OP
Y

Yojinbo

Josep said:
hehe, b4 you get flammed;) what are you computer specs? like what graphics card do you have and stuff? last time i checked good old: www.smiff.clara.net helped everyone out nicely with plugins and everything with n64 stuff;)
well..how can I edit my user infos like signatur?

My cpu is AMD Athlon 1,2 ghz with Geforce 3 Ti 500, 256 mb sdram and Win ME.
Detonator 28.32, Direct X 8.1 etc.

Maybe this helps any further ;)

And no..I dont think the rom is broken because I downloadet it from 2 different places.

ShadowFX

Guardian
Even IF you dl'ed it from 2 places, it still can be a bad dump! Is the ROM named something like this 'Donkey Kong 64 (U/E) [!].v64/rom?

OP
Y

Yojinbo

EMu-LoRd said:
Even IF you dl'ed it from 2 places, it still can be a bad dump! Is the ROM named something like this 'Donkey Kong 64 (U/E) [!].v64/rom?
no
Its named Donkey-Kong-64.rom
Do you have a link where I can dl a working version?
private message me plz ;)

ShadowFX

Guardian
Please be adviced that requesting ROM images in any way is probithed here. Download GoodN64 instead and see if your ROM image is recognized by GoodN64.