What's new

donkey kong 64 crack?

mantis

Hi there!

You may have heard a spanish guy made Jet force gemini playable a few weeks ago with the dextrose ips crack. I got excited on it and tried the similiar crack available for dk64. You may know the main issues with dk64 are the save and the unplayable barrel blast mini game. Well the cracked roms works but after the dextrose intro it stops on the "expansion pack not detected" screen , so i hadn't the chance to test the gameplay.
I wrote this thread asking for some wiser 1964 user's help.
I tried to combine with the settings (8mb)- no success.

Thanks in advance.

Rice

Emulator Developer
For whoever has problems to play DK64, just use lower CF setting. You will save your problems if picking CF=1 or CF=2.

OP
M

mantis

Funky Breaks, are you claiming that you have completed the stage 1. or stage 2 barrel blast mini game? PLease let me know the details( your spec setting etc.). YOu may send me a save state any time [email protected]

I wish you the best.

Funky Breaks

i didnt know their was a problem with it untill i looked at this forum. using the latest 7xx build with the PJ64 plugins on a gForce2 800mhz Athlon 386mb ram ill try and get a save state together and attach it in this thread :)

Funky Breaks

sorry for taking so long ;) for some reason .sav files dont show up when load save is selected you have to choose to show all files heres the file
btw i found out how to do the ropes :) does anyone know how i can stop the camera flicking around? its very annoying

Funky Breaks

sorry for taking so long ;) for some reason .sav files dont show up when load save is selected you have to choose to show all files heres the file
btw i found out how to do the ropes :) does anyone know how i can stop the camera flicking around? its very annoying
damn i didnt relise how big these saves were ill mail it to you

OP
M

mantis

FUnky
I'm afraid you missunderstood me, I didn't complained about the barrrel training at the beginning of the game but the barrel blast mini game on every stage.Did you sent me a state after the training? (i don't have the opportunity to test it for a week as i'm at the university.)

Curious

Barrel blast game in Jungle Japes

Hi Mantis,

I was able to beat the barrel blast game in Jungle Japes. Angry Aztec is a different matter. I can barrel blast from the first to the second barrel, with effort, then I am no longer in control of DK.

C.

OP
M

mantis

Exactly

I've tested the crazy aztec b.b.mini game both with pj64 and 1964emu and the same thing happened (under cf4 settiing) that you described. Strangely I wasn't able to beat the Jungle Japes b.b.mini game maybe due to the cf2 setting i had started to play( i wrote about it in e-mail last week).Stage 3. barrel blast mini game was playable under cf3 setting but the loss of control you mentioned also occured.

Curious

mantis said:
Exactly

I've tested the crazy aztec b.b.mini game both with pj64 and 1964emu and the same thing happened (under cf4 settiing) that you described. Strangely I wasn't able to beat the Jungle Japes b.b.mini game maybe due to the cf2 setting i had started to play( i wrote about it in e-mail last week).Stage 3. barrel blast mini game was playable under cf3 setting but the loss of control you mentioned also occured.

Hi Mantis,

With regard Jungle Japes b.b. mini game. It was a case of trial and error. I did lower the CF setting. However it did little to help. It is I know possible to pass it. I did.

Btw have you the Boss Key problem with the second boss?

C.

KahnAbyss

I got able to make mini blast barrel game work at least in 2 levels

JungleJapes Ive done it with CF=8
Angry Aztec CF=8 for the 1st part (until you get 1st barrel that go left/right) then after that CF=7 to finish it and free the Lama

OP
M

mantis

You saved the day!
PLease write a thread also in the pj64 forum, I'm not the only person who stucked at this point.

KahnAbyss

I just got able to do it I hope it will work for you too I don't have time to play a lot right now but Ill try other one since now I can go further into the game :)

just tell me about your result when you'll try it

greetz Kahn