What's new

Donkey Kong 64 camera bug AND intro bug fixed!

Cobra95

Tesla-Guy said:
No, it doesn't, ofcourse! ;)
Intro = what you see when you press "new game" having intro ON :cool:

Had me worried there. j/k

OK, I'm home for lunch. Starting a new game:

Sparse sea and sky scene. Parrot flying toward the horizon from a chase perspective. 4 other parrots join him, then they take off in different directions, giving you a good bird's eye view (duh!) of the overworld. Last shot from this scene pulls out to show you DK island, which happens to look just like his mug. Seals in pirate shirts frolic by, acting more like dolphins than seals.

Cut to KRool's ship, which is approaching this idyllic tropical setting. At the helm are a couple of incompetent green kremings giving a purple dog-like kremling directions on how to steer by running on the ship's wheel--hamster-style. KRool speaks (actual voice) in an evil low tone about disposing of DK, blah blah. Soon after you see gates closing in front of DK's 4 friends. The incompetent ship drivers run the behemoth aground at DK's Island, and the kremlings disembark with orders to distract DK by stealing his banana horde.

Cut to DK's shack. He's doing pushups to a tune from the boombox. A parrot flies in in a frenzy, saying "they're gone! they're all gone!"

Update:
LOL! I just discovered something. You can see most of the intro scene in the emulator if every time DK gets dumped out in the ocean, you exit level--which takes you to Angry Aztec--then jump in a character-switching barrel. That resumes the intro scene. If you end up in the water again, repeat.

Last edited:
OP
Tesla-Guy

Tesla-Guy

Yea, that happens also when you go to "1". when you go on "2" though another intro starts ???