What's new

Donkey Kong 64 A little slow

netmonster

Hi all!

I've got a P4 box, 512 ram, radeon 7000 64vram, and I find Donkey Kong 64 a little slow, Im using Rice's Video Plugin 5.6.0, it runs perfect, but a little slow, what can I do to improve performance? Banjo Tooie runs perfect.

Thanks

vleespet

The decent one
Most likely your video-card is a bit too slow. First of all you can update your drivers (www.ati.com) and see if it will run faster. You can also use other settings like lower resolution, other (non-pixel shader) combiner mode, and you can change the counter-factor by pressing CTRL+1,2,3, and so on. Good luck :)

dataangel

Actually with this game specifically for some reason OpenGL seems to be alot faster than Direct3D, at least for me. Try it.

scotty

The Great One
Donkey Kong 64 still has its timing bugs. Granted they are much better with 1964 0.99, but they are still not perfect.

For the fastest performance, I suggest using Schibos audio because it just seems to make the games faster.

-Shadow-

Banned
You can raise the counter factor to 4 when you are in game , that will make the speed normal . But you need at least CF = 6 for the startup....

And shibo's audio is a really good chioce for this game ! Then you'll get the best experience with the game...

/edit : It runs nearly without lag with CF = 1 or 2 , but then you'll need very good reactions because it runs a lil' bit too fast..

Last edited:

scotty

The Great One
H3ad5h0tter said:
You can raise the counter factor to 4 when you are in game , that will make the speed normal . But you need at least CF = 6 for the startup....

And shibo's audio is a really good chioce for this game ! Then you'll get the best experience with the game...

/edit : It runs nearly without lag with CF = 1 or 2 , but then you'll need very good reactions because it runs a lil' bit too fast..

That is true, however because my internet has been really running awful lately, and it keeps shutting down, I actually got tiredof using my computer, and pulled out the gmaes that dont work on emulation perfectly (ie. Goldeneye, DK64, and Body Harvest), and I started playing them. I never realized how much better it is on the big screen TV we ddint have when we used our N64 regularly.

PS. your advertisement about IP adresses sort of startled me Headshotter. I didnt think you could do something like that on this forum.

-Shadow-

Banned
PS. your advertisement about IP adresses sort of startled me Headshotter. I didnt think you could do something like that on this forum.

Huh ? Can some Mod or admin PM me if this Picture is my signature is forbidden , or post it here please ? I'll take it from my sig as long as this is unclear to me X_x

Thats the sig :
vipersig.jpg

Last edited:

dataangel

It's just an image reporting info that your computer handed out, and you're the only one who sees it that way. It's not reporting it back to headshotter or anything.