What's new

DOnkey KOng 64 100% playable???

mantis

please forgive me the long silence :blush: . I've just returned to the university(free internet)

Since my last post i've found a way to beat 2 other Barrel blast mini game in dk64.

I wrote Glommy galleon stage's mini game is unplayable, but it is playable,only tricky.

THE KEY IS CF CHANGING IN BETWEEN TwO BARRELS!(SEE MY LAST THREAD FOR Basics)
If one play in cf7 mode donkey usually falls before he reaches the certain barrel.
If man play in cf8 mode donkey will fly horizontally trough the scene,sometimes fly above the barrel.

The techinque:

If you find(cf7 mode) that the character fly too short even though your aiming was right then give him a boost by switching to cf8 mode when he reach the level of the barrel.See the picture.
There are cases when your character flies barrel to barrel uncontrollably, and after a few barrel he falls short(presumed you play in cf7 mode).If this happens watch closely after which barrel is the route too short and use the cf8 setting in the adequate moment.

There are an occasional freezing when one tries to load a converted save state from 1964emu.It's reason is not clear but i managed to avoid it:under 1964emu i left the current stage (while in the game press start button, select "exit level" from menu) and then "export save state".

I declare that with the achivements dk64 might be 100% playable!!
I've played only 5 of the stages.

FURTHER TESTING IS UP TO YOU DEAR READER!!!

Pic:GLoomy galleon
Press ctrl-8 in this moment!(1964 emu only)

OP
M

mantis

ABout the save i placed in my last thread:
Rename it donkey kong 64.eep , this is not a compressed file i just changed the extension for uploading!!!