What's new

Dolwin 0.8 released

M

mainframe19

no wonder why the emu is so behind at emuateing th gc!1964 was like that non open source i think and than it became open source and things realy speed up in the emulation of the n64! i think a open source gc emu whould make faster waves than a clossed source one nemu!

but still nemu gave out some n64 infor.!

what the gc emu needs is zilmar spec base on the cpu and dsp the ati gfx chip!

it should start out at hle and than goto lle than to a high level emulation spec plugin system! going closed source will only slow down gc emulation as when some emus like corn and some other n64 emu started out.

i have been around here ever since 1998! and i learn alot about emulation, by reading allkinds of threads about them.but cause program is so txet based like it boards me every time i goto stduy or to do any thing in c or c++!

Quvack

mainframe19 said:
no wonder why the emu is so behind at emuateing th gc!1964 was like that non open source i think and than it became open source and things realy speed up in the emulation of the n64! i think a open source gc emu whould make faster waves than a clossed source one nemu!

but still nemu gave out some n64 infor.!

what the gc emu needs is zilmar spec base on the cpu and dsp the ati gfx chip!

it should start out at hle and than goto lle than to a high level emulation spec plugin system! going closed source will only slow down gc emulation as when some emus like corn and some other n64 emu started out.

i have been around here ever since 1998! and i learn alot about emulation, by reading allkinds of threads about them.but cause program is so txet based like it boards me every time i goto stduy or to do any thing in c or c++!

The emulator isnt 'behind' with emulating the GC, its up to whatever the developers have had the time and knowledge to do and attempt.

Open sourcing most likely wouldnt help a thing, the amount of people that have any knowledge of the GC hardware is very limited, and the way the gc scene seems to be is that the info is shared between various groups as it is.

If you looked at Dolwin, you'd notice it already has a plugin system.

DesktopMan

That the emu is closed-source doesn't really mean that noone can help out. The people that actually know anything about the GC still has access to source if they have ideas, and talk to the author(s) on a regular basis.

M

mainframe19

well when i load the freeloader dol i have to type run in the dos box and it gets no gfx in the main window named dolwin0.8?

i thought it was running in dolwin0.8

M

mainframe19

how did the dolwin team make ppf files?

like say the freeloader patch ppf file???

i whould like to learn how!

Evrain

The Forbidden One
It's the standard for patching files of a certain dimension (it is used from systems more powerful than PSX), and it's the equivalent of small roms' IPS.
Evrain

M

mainframe19

that still does not tell me how to make gc ppf file.

and when i load the freeloader dol still gives me a black screen! unlike the ac loader that show s text!