What's new

dolphin says no disc in drive when i try to load .gcm

tjwoosta

i have a few games that i would like to try to play on dolphin but when i try to load the .gcm dolphin gives me an error that says no disc in drive D:

then immediatly after i click cancel i get an error from windows that says dolphin has stopped working and it closes everything

i figure this is probably just an issue with the plugins or something

can anybody help me figure out what is happening and how to fix it?

i am running Vista home premium (32bit) and the plugins i am using are the original ones that came with dolphin, but i will list them out anyway

Graphics: Dolphin Video Plugin (DX9)

DSP-Audio: Dolphin DSP-HLE Plugin (DSound)

DVD: Dolphin GCM Plugin

PAD Input: njoy v0.2 by Falcon4ever

and the games i have been attempting to run are..

Luigi's Mansion

Zelda: Twighlight Princess

Zelda: Wind Waker

Prince of Persia 3

Starfox Assault

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes

Now i know they will probably run very slowly (if at all) and i am not expecting all of these games to work but i would like to be able to at least get one of them to load up (even if its only to the start screen) so i can see what i am dealing with

OP
T

tjwoosta

ok i just downloaded one of the older versions of dolphin and it works to load the .gcm

but now i have a different problem, my gamepads not working with the old version of dolphin (it worked in the new version)

is there a site where i can find all of the plugins to download ? (or at least just the gamepad plugins)

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
If by "older" you mean the pre-SVN builds, they're relatively slow and not worth it to even try compared to the new builds.

OP
T

tjwoosta

yea i did mean the pre-svn builds

i cant even get any of the svn builds to work at all

i get a bunch of failed to load plugin errors followed by the vista thing that says this program has stoped working and closes everything
(wich by the way is the stupidest thing i have ever seen, i mean windows could at least give me the option to try and wait it out but instead my only option is to close program)

OP
T

tjwoosta

What now? every build i try has its own seperate issues

ok so now im trying the newest dolphin svn build (i think)

it came from here
http://www.xtemu.com/downloads-file-35.html

i am using vista home premium (32bit OS but its running on a 64bit machine if it makes a difference)

when i try to start dolphin dolphin this happens

(PANIC)
Failed to load plugin Plugins/Plugin_PadSimple.dll - unknown error

(PANIC)
Failed to load plugin Plugins/Plugin_VideoDX9.dll - unknown error

then dolphin finaly comes up
i went to choose plugins

i set the video plugin to Dolphin-OGL 0.1

then i set the pad plugin to njoy v0.3 by Falcon4Ever

and the DSP plugin (whatever that is) was already set to Dolphin DSP-NULL Plugin so i just left it alone

now when i choose my .gcm i get this

DolphinWX.exe has stoped working
A Problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the Program and notify you if a solution is availible

can somebody please help me try to sort this mess out?

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Your computer specs would be nice to know, unless you already posted them somewhere.

OP
T

tjwoosta

heres my specs (its a gateway laptop)

system_specs.png

Xtreme2damax

As mentioned post your complete specifications which can be found using free utilities and even the build in Microsoft system information utility. We need to know about graphics hardware, drivers, directx etc...

Have you tried downloading and installing the latest DirectX 9.0C (June 2008)?

It is critical you stay updated with the latest DirectX else problems like these will occur.

Before you ask, yes you can install DirectX 9 alongside DirectX 10 in Vista, no it will not screw up DirectX 10.

Why do you need to do this? Because the version of DirectX 9 Vista ships with is the basic version like what you get when you install a fresh copy of XP or XP SP2. It is missing critical dll's, libraries/files most games and emulators need to function so it is necessary you download and install the latest DirectX 9.0 redistributable from Microsoft which I believe is the June 2008 Redistributable unless they release a new one already since June.

OP
T

tjwoosta

post your complete specifications which can be found using free utilities and even the build in Microsoft system information utility. We need to know about graphics hardware, drivers, directx etc.

is that not the built in microsoft system information that i posted?

but anyway i have onboard Intel GM965 graphics (i know this for a fact because i also run Ubuntu Linux and i have needed to know this information multiple times to download the proper drivers and stuff)

my graphics driver in Windows is the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile

i think the directx9 may be the problem (i just assumed directx10 would work) although i am pretty sure that i have previously installed directx9 for other emulators but i guess its possible that i have reformated since then (i have a horrible memory)

i will try installing directx9 tomorrow when i get home and post back with the results

Last edited:
OP
T

tjwoosta

ok ive got a stupid question

how do i install direcx9?

i downloaded DirectX 9.0c Redistributable for Software Developers from here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Browse.aspx?displaylang=en&categoryid=2

when i clicked the .exe it asked where i would like to extract the files

it was blank so i just chose my own directory Users\tj\Desktop\New Folder

now i have this
help_2-1.png

i have tried running the dxsetup.exe that you see but it didnt seem to do anything

i tried dolphin again and there was no difference from before

so my question is am i doing this right?

where should i put these files that the first .exe extracted?

is there another way to install directx9?

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Okay, if you're using an Intel graphics adaptor, those things SUCK ASS (see laptop specs). They usually have plenty of memory, but are severely lacking in power especially when it comes to OpenGL rendering. If you did get Dolphin to run, which I believe you could, you would get very bad framerates.

Last edited:

Xtreme2damax

ok ive got a stupid question

how do i install direcx9?

i downloaded DirectX 9.0c Redistributable for Software Developers from here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Browse.aspx?displaylang=en&categoryid=2

when i clicked the .exe it asked where i would like to extract the files

it was blank so i just chose my own directory Users\tj\Desktop\New Folder

now i have this
help_2-1.png

i have tried running the dxsetup.exe that you see but it didnt seem to do anything

i tried dolphin again and there was no difference from before

so my question is am i doing this right?

where should i put these files that the first .exe extracted?

is there another way to install directx9?

You downloaded the wrong one, the one you got is specifically for developers. You have two choices the web updater and the full redistributable package.

Personally I would install the full package, I've had a problem with the web updater not updating or adding the new dll's, installing the full redistributable solved my problems.

You want this one:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...AB-0983-4C41-9C70-632F6F42C557&displaylang=en

All you do is extract the files to a folder/directory of your choice, run setup.exe and follow the instructions.

OP
T

tjwoosta

ok thanks guys

after installing directx everything works perfectly

although the framerate sucks like p_025 mentioned (but i guess that was expected)

at least i got it all working now :bouncy:

by the way tuxcube for linux runs faster on the same machine :linux:

(but it definatly has its own issues)

Last edited: