What's new

Dolphin question

BaronVonSnak

ok, ive read the rules and everything, and if i cross a line in this thread then please lock it. i dont need to know how to rip an iso or anything, i already have the iso. my question is that dolphin uses gcm. how do i turn the iso into a gcm?

once again, if this is taboo please lock, but i tried searching google forever to no avail.

OP
B

BaronVonSnak

cokeman118 said:
rename the file

do i need a program for that? i tried just the regular: right click, rename, etc. but it did nothing whatsoever when it came to dolphin recognizing it as a gcm.

Clements

Either you have the extensions hidden in Windows Explorer and therefore renamed the file to something like Gamename.gcm.iso, or you have a corrupt image.

Eyedentity

Emu technician
As in another post im going to copy some text :eek:
go to the Tools menu and select folder options

select the views tab and then uncheck the box for "Hide extensions for known file types"

and then you should be able to change the extension of the file, by clicking on it and pressing F2

Gorxon

Administrator
BaronVonSnak said:
do i need a program for that? i tried just the regular: right click, rename, etc. but it did nothing whatsoever when it came to dolphin recognizing it as a gcm.

Not at all. However you need to go toTools/Folder options in Explorer. Then uncheck "Hide known file extensions" under advanced. Search this using the search function on this forum if you are unsure, since this has been answered many times already.

Then you can try renaming it again and it should be done properly.

-edit-

Yikes..two posts while I wrote this...I gotta write shorter posts ;)
Nah...well done

OP
B

BaronVonSnak

Gorxon said:
Not Internet Explorer, but the File Explorer (My computer is one way to start it for instance).

gotcha.

now i just have to configure it to run smoother, and find naruto 2.
does dolphin support gamepads, i have an airflo.

system specs:
pentium 4 2.4 GHZ
512 MB ram
radeon 9700 pro

Last edited:

kage

I cant stand seeing my ninja icon being used by another! I know its not MY icon, but still....

I need a moment to deal with my grief.....

:ninja:

Gorxon

Administrator
kage said:
I cant stand seeing my ninja icon being used by another! I know its not MY icon, but still....

I need a moment to deal with my grief.....

Get..a..life...

:D

kage

Thanks man, I can really feel the love :D

....and in my time of need no less.... :p
*edit* (How in the world did this "sticking you toungue out" face come to look so feminine?) Sheesh. Its pink for goodness sake!

yyyy1313

I have a quick question. I heard talk of removing garbage out of gamecube games, and my question is basically how do you do this?

BTW: hoping itll buy me more time to play with Super Smash Brothers ^_~

yyyy1313

Umm I withdraw my initial question. Good news is the game goes 5 seconds longer and the frame rate is anywhere from 30-70 fps with the exception of the FMV which is about 5-8 cheers ^_^.

bLAdEbLA

Insert clever rhetoric here.
yyyy1313 said:
Umm I withdraw my initial question. Good news is the game goes 5 seconds longer and the frame rate is anywhere from 30-70 fps with the exception of the FMV which is about 5-8 cheers ^_^.

30-70 fps in Smash Brothers?

yyyy1313

Well it only happens near the time the emulator is about to crash but for 3 or so seconds it almost runs normal.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
You wanna know how to do stuff with isos, search the board. These questions has been asked too many times.

Vegetable

Banned
Haha, very good JinXD, that's the first time I've seen someone call themselves a n00b lightheartedly on the boards.