What's new

Dolphin online capabilties?

lonesome_killer

Can you play games online? And if not, are you going to try to get that in future versions? The PJ64 N64 emulator can be played online, and SSB ONLINE IS AWESOME!!!! But I still miss SSBM.

Mouser X

Well, the real problem is not that it doesn't have online capabilities, but that unless your CPU is 5ghz or better (probably closer to 7ghz), you won't be getting Dolphin to run at playable speeds. Please check out the FAQ for more useful information that's frequently asked by new users.

If you came here to play GC games on your computer, I'm sorry, but you came to the wrong place. There's no emulator currently available that can run GC games stably, and at playable speeds. You'll either have to wait, or buy a Gamecube. I've heard that at some places, they're as cheap as buying a game for the Xbox 360. I garantee tha's cheaper than buying a PC that's fast enough to actually play GC games. Hopefully, this price is low enough for you.

Or, you could do what some of the other people on this board are doing. Wait a month or 3, and buy the Wii when it comes out, since it's backwords compatible. And, being less than $250 is really good, especially when compared to the prices of the other systems that are, or will be, out. Considering that I've never heard bad comments from those who have acutally *used* the console themself, I'd say that might be the way to go. Especially considering that, even the guy who *HATED* the Wii, changed his mind, once Nintendo sent him a devkit. That's got ot be worth somethng, doesn't it? Mouser X over and out.

OP
L

lonesome_killer

I do have a Gamecube. 2 infact :D because we played so much and we all wanted our own system. But my bros never want to play SSBM that much and I want to face real opponents, not stupid AI

spotanjo3

They are focus on increase the games, not online capabilties, ok ? :) I do not care about the online. I also do not like SSB and SSBM. I find them bored. :X

BlueFalcon7

Mouser X said:
Especially considering that, even the guy who *HATED* the Wii, changed his mind, once Nintendo sent him a devkit. That's got ot be worth somethng, doesn't it?
WHAT!?!? I want a devkit for the Wii :evil:

Mouser X

He was a developer. I think most of his games came out on the Xbox, or X360. I don't remember the guy's name, but I'm fairly certain it started with an "M." Also, I *think* he makes FPS type games. He might have been the guy behind Unreal Tournament, or uses that engine for his games (crap! I can't remember now. It's not Doom3, it's not Halo, but it's that other really big FPS title. And I'm fairly certain it's not Half-Life 2. The game engine I'm referancing is a popular choice for develpmental use for many games, as I recall). Anyway, he was sent a devkit because he's a developer. You can probably find info on it on Wikipedia, or Google... Hopefully. Sorry my information is so patchy. Hopefully it's enough to get someone on the right track... If you're really adventurous, take a look at Nintendo's forums. Someone there has made a massively huge post quoting sites, with source links. That's where I read about it. Mouser X over and out.