What's new

Dolphin Issue (Can't think of a title)

Silverk

So I am playing Sonic Adventure DX on Dolphin and attempted to connect VBA to Dolphin to extract a Chao out of my Tiny Chao Garden on Sonic Advance. When connecting VBA say that they are connecting on the VBA screen but no Chao appears on Dolphin and I can't get anything out of my Tiny Chao Garden. Help?

OP
S

Silverk

But Dolphin acknowledges that VBA is there and vice versa. I really worked on the Chao I have on VBA and don't feel like doing it all over for Sonic Adventure DX.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
I've linked Zelda Four Swords (Gamecube Version) with VBA before and played it (4 Players) on one PC.

You will need a Dolphin Version higher than r6059, the Gameboy Advance Emulator VBA-M and a GBA-Bios file (ts2.bin)

How-to:

1. Start dolphin and change all Gamecube-Controller Ports from Standard to GBA
2. Audio Plugin = HLE
3. Start Sonic Adventure DX in Dolphin Tiny Chao Garden in VBA-M
4. deactivate "Pause when inactive" in VBA-M
5. VBA-M -> options -> emulator -> bios files "ts2.bin"
6. Change control config to fit your needs in VBA-M.
7. VBA-M -> activate "Link, Joybus Options" and set it up for 127.0.0.1 (localhost)
8. Game is most probably freezing, no problem, should still work!
9. "open GBA" and load my Tiny Chao Garden

Should work. Report back, if you need more information. Like I already told you, I just tested it with Zelda 4 Swords, FF Crystal Chronicles and Pacman Vs.

OP
S

Silverk

Ugh I still don't get this. Dolphin is saying that its right there in Slot 2, VBA is saying its connected. Yet my Chao just doesn't show up on the screen at all.

MasterPhW

Probably update your builds. Could be an incompatibility for some builds because of the complexity of the connection.
And make sure, that the ts2.bin is 16384 bytes large and should have the following CRC32: 81977335/MD5: a860e8c0b6d573d191e4ec7db1b1e4f6.

CRC32: 15E1F676, CRC32: C65F2804 and CRC32: 42D46F16 won't do the job.

Last edited:
OP
S

Silverk

The .bin file is correct in size. VisualBoyAdvance-M (SVN!337) and Dolphin r6851. Has for finding out what the .bin file contains I have no clue.

MasterPhW

Probably update to VBA-M SVN956 here and check your bin file in winrar for example. RAR it and open the rar file and you can see its CRC sum. It's the fastest way to check. ;)