What's new

Dolphin Final 1.03.2 x64 Public Beta (single/dualcore support) - Shots

-indecisive-

fantastic emulator! Running great!
Speed for this game, SA2, is pretty good. Lows are about 45fps, and highs are about 120fps.
The game was very unstable for the first Sonic level, but played well for the first 'dark' stages.

My PC:
3.6GHz c2d e8400, HD2900Pro, 2GB ddr2800, vista x64

53042597ng5.jpg

Xtreme2damax

Wow 109 - 120 FPS?

I can't break 35 - 40 and thats with a trick I discovered by letting WMP 11 x64 run in the background while playing Dolphin.

That trick boosted my speed between 5 - 20 on some games including SA2: Battle, but I still can't break the 35 - 45 FPS barrier.

I suppose it's because I have an AMD64 X 2 3800+ @ 2.0 Ghz and you have a shiny Core2Duo E8400. :p

Do you have Vista x64 SP1 installed? I heard Vista x64 SP1 is much faster than Vista 32-bit and offers speed on par or greater than XP. Would you happen to know how speed is compared to running Dolphin x64 on XP x64 SP2?

-indecisive-

Those high frame-rates are really from levels without much going on, like this battle scene and the part before where eggman encounters shadow. That very first eggman level by the way was running at about 50-70fps I think. That bat girl's stage was running slow at about ~40 fps at times.

The graphics are looking good and without noticeable glitches. I wish it were more stable, has support for gamepad(only kb worked), frame limitting, fullscreen, and of course runs faster :whistling
It's still fantastic, though. Thanks a lot to the authors:satisfied

BTW, I don't have x64 XP, so I can't compare. My install was SP1, yeah. Main difference is most likely from the CPU. I would love to play GC games in high resolution perfectly, but we'll just have to patiently wait.

PS. Vista x64 SP1 is still sluggishly crappy. It may be more efficient than w/o SP1, but I can't stand it.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Will this version be also available for x32 XP? I'd like to test it on my Quad core.
Had you red some of the previous topics/posts, you'd know that this particular question has been answered a few dozen times already.

Yes. When? You'll know when they'll announce it.

Last edited:

BMWFreak

Had you red some of the previous topics/posts, you'd know that this particular question has been answered a few dozen times already.

Yes. When? You'll know when they'll announce it.

I'm sorry. I didn't read the full thread. I needed to do some shopping so I thought let's make a reply on it, and wait in the meantime I go to the shop.

Next time I'll read everything :)

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
It seems, that the last real Dolphin picture is from sercio and the others are gekko ones!? Can someone of the beta testers confirm that? If so, then the frames should be removed... or is it a leak? I really wonder, because last time I tested Dolphin (long time ago) the menu looked very different, like sercios.

Xtreme2damax

It seems, that the last real Dolphin picture is from sercio and the others are gekko ones!? Can someone of the beta testers confirm that? If so, then the frames should be removed... or is it a leak? I really wonder, because last time I tested Dolphin (long time ago) the menu looked very different, like sercios.

That's a Dolphin screen shot, Dolphin does say Gekko limited on the titlebar since Gekko is the codename of the Gamecubes cpu as mentioned above.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
That's a Dolphin screen shot, Dolphin does say Gekko limited on the titlebar since Gekko is the codename of the Gamecubes cpu as mentioned above.
Thanks for information... was a Dolphin beta tester but didn't knew about that... lol
I was missing the dolphin title bar, that confuses me.

teh pwnzr

teh pwnzr
I get about 4 fps on SSBM.

Running Dolphin Final 1.03.2 x64 Public Beta (sc/dc) on Vista 64 Home Premium.
Q6600 OCd to 3 GHz, 4 gigs ram, GeForce 8800GTS (G92)

running it with settings at default. It only utilizes 1 cpu core. It plays ok (7 fps) with only 1 cpu opponent. I dont think that it is using my GPU either. Is it supposed to? Any suggestions? I'm gonna keep playing around with it. I'll post if i get it working.

Good job guys. Its a wonder that it even runs. Keep up the good work!!! Also, how do u insert images?