What's new

Dolphin and my system

nubblecakes

I am the nub
So I've recently delved in to Gcube emulation. I got dolphin and I tied running SSB: Melee in hopes that I could manage to play it. Well, as soon as I double click to start the emulation of the game, Dolphin crashes immediately. Generic "has stopped working" error.

My system specs are the following:

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTS 250 512mb DDR3

CPU: Core2Duo E6400 2.13 GHZ

RAM: 3Gb (Unsure of other specs since it's proprietary hardware by Dell)

I'm sure there's some simple thing I may have missed, or maybe it's that Dolphin doesn't support newer graphics cards? I don't see why that would be an issue, but I can't rule it out. Maybe there's a different video plugin I could try?

Sorry if posting this was stupid. I tried looking around for some answers but I couldn't find anything. I just want some help from a solid community like this one.

Last edited:

TBiscuit

That happens because you are trying to run a pirated game image... and worse still, openly posting it here. LOL!

Look, even if you're new, please try not to be so naive. Read the FAQ before posting.

Surely you must know that this forum and the developers of this emulator don't support or tolerate piracy.

Toasty

Sony battery
Dolphin cannot tell the difference between a downloaded ISO and an ISO the user ripped himself, TBiscuit. Chances are that fake or corrupt downloads will give you problems though.

Which plugins are you using nubblecakes?

OP
N

nubblecakes

I am the nub
I totally wasn't thinking when I typed that post up. I'll edit it to meet expectations. If it's any consolation, I have a legal copy of the game I mentioned.

Anyway, it turns out that I simply downloaded an ancient version of Dolphin, that's all. I've been trying to keep up with the svn builds, but I'm still trying to find a stable build that can run games efficiently. I might just be limited by my CPU and RAM, though..

Last edited: