What's new

Does FRAPS work with emulators?

Ewgf

TeKKeN TaG PLaYeR
I tried to run it ePSXe but seems it doesn't work, the number in the upper-right corner of the screen don't appear... Someone knows if Fraps works with emulators?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English :saint:

ultima528

There are several plugins written by Pete, but either way, I believe all of them can display the framerate. When you go in game, press Delete and it should show up on the top. You can also configure this in the plugin configuration dialog.

Basically, FRAPS is uneeded for this if all you want is to check the framerate at which your game is running.

sheik124

Emutalk Member
yeah ultima you're right, i used to use Petes Software plugin on my old pc, and now use his OpenGL2 plugin, i am not sure about the OGL2 one, but i certainly remember it being there in the software plugin cause i had it on all the time :)

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
There is a use for FRAPS even with the FPS display available on the plugins themselves. The plugin FPS display doesn't show the actual FPS in the psx games. To do that, you'd need FRAPS. Most if not all PSX games do not run at 60 fps. They run a lot lower.

And yes, FRAPS does work in emulated psx games. Also, all of petes plugins has the ingame FPS menu.