What's new

Does anyone know how to get Mupen64k source?

Richard42

Emulator Developer
I started looking around this morning to get the Mupen64k source and merge any changes/fixes into the -amd64 branch.. But unfortunately there is no source present in the zip packages which were distributed, nor on the project's homepage at:

http://okaycreations.com/

The original Mupen64 code was GPL'd, so unless Hacktarux + all the other devs re-licensed it for Mupen64k, there should be at least an offer explaining where/how to get the source files within the binary package. But there's not even a mention of the GPL or any license at all in the ZIPs. Anyone know about this?

OP
R

Richard42

Emulator Developer
YOu should contact the author on his board, he said, that he will release the source, when he think it isn't buggy and clean.
But he will give the source to everyone why want to mess around with it:

Thanks for the link; I sent okaygo a PM, so hopefully this will go somewhere. :)

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Yea, the network code is experimental and binaries are there mainly to have some feedback from users. I'm not convinced by the details of this patch, i'll probably not implement it exactly the way it has been done. Another thing to take into consideration is that the network protocol is not complete: we want to include cheat communications and synchronization.

There's also an additional project to get it working: porting a kaillera client to linux.

OP
R

Richard42

Emulator Developer
Yea, the network code is experimental and binaries are there mainly to have some feedback from users. I'm not convinced by the details of this patch, i'll probably not implement it exactly the way it has been done. Another thing to take into consideration is that the network protocol is not complete: we want to include cheat communications and synchronization.

I'm not really interested in the network code, I was just hoping that maybe they fixed some bugs in the core that could be ported to other branches. Getting that thing working under Linux is going to take some work, cause they took the MUP out of Mupen64.

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Actually, I think Kaillera is... crap... no offense or anything, but its been very long dead, it never really was "all that great", and its really "closed off" atm. That kaillera porting project? I've been looking at it for a long time and theres still nothing good enough... I don't think that kaillera would be a wise choice. Sure, it takes alot of the work out of networking support (lol) but in the end, a program that uses an open network library, a low level one (Or uses POSIX networking, or Winsocks, or both!) would probably be much more useful...