What's new

Does anyone have this setup or close to it?

Davv13

AMD2000XP=512DDR=9600XT
I'm thinking of getting a new pc so I can play some this games at full speed but I would like to know if these specs will be enough for capcom fighters like CvsS2 at full speed?here goes=AMD athlon 64 3200 with a gig of ram & 9800pro. If you don't think it will run capcom fighters at full speed then tell me so I don't waste money?

cuda7171

Banned
i can play mvscap2 full speed,and many others. on a atholon3200+ on a asusA7N8X-Eboard ,muskin3200 512 single 400fsb,$40 msi graphics geforce4 x8 64.

there are slow downs during complex combos. this will happen on any system and is probably software coding related. A future version of chankast will have better optimization.

i have tried my software on some different rigs : pentium800fsb 4 2.5HT, celeron 2.0(slow),atholon266fsb 1.46, atholon400fsb XP 2.2. it seems the graphics card has the less to do with speed, than the CPU Ghz. so buy a fast CPU.

veritron

actually

believe it or not that processor might be too fast.

chanka has no speed limiting, so if you have too much power, the games will run too fast. i've run marvel vs. capcom 2 on a 1.8 ghz dothan (pentium m) on a laptop and the fps fluxuates between 55/70 with the capcom hack on.

still, i'm guessing a later version of chankast will support speed limiting (the one feature this emu absolutely needs to be considered "playable"), and then the game will play perfectly on your system.

BountyJedi

might try to underclock the dreamcast cpu or something makes it run slower if you experince its going to fast myself i have barely experinced fullspeed now with my p4 3.0 ghz but it might be that the only game i played so far, soul-calibur, is a littele craving or something although other peps have made it fullspeed.

edit: overclock is a better slowerdown hadnt teted with games that was overpseed when postion this =P then i mean overclock much so it slows down due to the fact its much =P

Last edited:

Ilitirit

i have an Athlon64 3200+ with 1GB ram, GeforceFX 5200

with the capcom hack the game runs at 70fps. however, if i overclock the cpu in chankast to about 120, the game runs at 59.07 fps.

strange.

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
because marvel vs capcom 2 is a 2d game, u can get fullspeed if u had an athlon 2400+, rather than spendin a whole lot more on a faster processor that will do the same speed for you, no more. But u probably wont get the full 60fps in a 3d game with that kind of processor, say like Shenmue or Resident Evil Code Veronica