What's new

Do you want to develop a Playstation 2 Emulator

samuelshq

Look, I posted a thread saying that I was developing a Playstation 2 Emulator. I know no one believed me, they thought I was bluffing becase I did not have enough information. The reason I did not have enough information is because I didn't really know what I was doing. I was using the souce code of the NSX2 emulator. I tried developing the debuger first but I just couldn't do it. You see the only programming language that I know enough about to really be proud of is Visual Basic. I would love to create a Playstation 2 emulator. So I was woundering if anyone would like to be part of a team to create a playstation 2 emulator heres your chance. If you know enough in Visual Basic we cauld build the emulator in that. But if not and you wouldn't mind teaching someone who can't develop whilst you develop we could build it in any other language (please note that I have only got applications for C++, Visual Basic, Java, Databases, HTML, Actionscript andVisual Interdev).

Allnatural

samuelshq said:
If you know enough in Visual Basic we cauld build the emulator in that. But if not and you wouldn't mind teaching someone who can't develop whilst you develop we could build it in any other language...
LMFAO

vleespet

The decent one
samuelshq: You don't know how hard it is to create an emulator. Even an easy GB emulator with small support requires at least 1 year programming experience and then I'm talking about a system where anything is documented from. The PS2 will require A LOT of reverse engineering and coding before there will be ANY result.

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
I consider myself good at VB and have one recommendation: Don't even try to use it for a PS2 emu. Not only the speed is bad, but the language isn't flexible enough to allow so. For example, there isn't multithreading.

Cyberman

samuelshq said:
Look, I posted a thread saying that I was developing a Playstation 2 Emulator. I know no one believed me, they thought I was bluffing becase I did not have enough information. The reason I did not have enough information is because I didn't really know what I was doing. I was using the souce code of the NSX2 emulator. I tried developing the debuger first but I just couldn't do it. You see the only programming language that I know enough about to really be proud of is Visual Basic. I would love to create a Playstation 2 emulator. So I was woundering if anyone would like to be part of a team to create a playstation 2 emulator heres your chance. If you know enough in Visual Basic we cauld build the emulator in that. But if not and you wouldn't mind teaching someone who can't develop whilst you develop we could build it in any other language (please note that I have only got applications for C++, Visual Basic, Java, Databases, HTML, Actionscript andVisual Interdev).
There is a reason C and C++ are the choices for emulation. They are flexible enough you can do most anything in them. PCSX2 is doing quite well at the moment as well as NSX2. The real thing VB is good for is RAD (Rapid Application Developement) and use in a business environment which is NOT exactly a demanding application (to say the least).

I suggest playing with NSX2 code a bit if it runs demos this is perfect for you to mess with. I remember TR64 source I played with tell I got it working horribly slow on my Unix box (LOL). AT that point is when you start working on learning how to improve on the emulator. That's my advice to you :) Have fun too. If you have a short attention span, emu coding is not for you.

Cyb