What's new

Do you think we'll even see a release in 2005?

Trotterwatch

If anyone here knew anything about it - we'd tell you about it.

I'm hoping for a release sometime before the year is out, though that is just hope. Regardless my life goes on with or without Chankast :D So I don't mind waiting.

rcgamer

the old guy
Buy a damn dreamcast if you dont want to wait. They are easy to get and are cheap. Its funny noone wanted to support the dreamcast when it was around but now all those people are clamoring to get an emulator for it.

dukenukem

lord freiza
This topic is useless,stop whining about seeing another release of chankast and just buy the damn system and be happy.remeber with the system there is a 100% probability all games will play flawlessly.

ragnor

... Interesting... everyone trolls the DC thread to pick on people who want to emulate it? I own 3 DCs, but I'd still like to be able to emulate it. It would make for less cord-switching and I could control it with my s-controller. I imported around 15 JP games, and owned around 25 US titles. I feel perfectly fine saying that I supported it when it was THE system, loooooong into the time when it was flailing. Emulation didn't kill the DC, the PS2 did. You're on an EMULATION board, the URL of which includes emu and it isn't talking about birds. Fairly plausible that in the chankast section, someone might ask about chankast, and even that they just want to have the benefits of emulation, not just the piratability. I mean, if you really want to pirate the games, emulation is a waste of HD space.

mark1221

ragnor said:
... Interesting... everyone trolls the DC thread to pick on people who want to emulate it? I own 3 DCs, but I'd still like to be able to emulate it. It would make for less cord-switching and I could control it with my s-controller. I imported around 15 JP games, and owned around 25 US titles. I feel perfectly fine saying that I supported it when it was THE system, loooooong into the time when it was flailing. Emulation didn't kill the DC, the PS2 did. You're on an EMULATION board, the URL of which includes emu and it isn't talking about birds. Fairly plausible that in the chankast section, someone might ask about chankast, and even that they just want to have the benefits of emulation, not just the piratability. I mean, if you really want to pirate the games, emulation is a waste of HD space.

So true.... o.o

T-Kimura

i hope we see a release for the summer.. come on chankast team =\ i know you guys dont owe us anything but chankast is so good and might open some doors to online play for games like mvc2, sf3 3s etc. i wish the source code would come out already.

KingSky

It would have been nice to play a perfect version of Virual Fighter 3 on my notebook but we gotta face the fact.
I'll bet half the army of China that it won't ever come out. Face it, it's over they've moved on. now will you?

Clements

Whining about Chankast releases will not bring the date forward, the authors have no obligation to even release anything or give updates. The authors are not slaves and they are not paid for doing it, they do it in there free time and were nice enough to share their work. Be thankful that you have an emulator that works with a lot of games right away. There was a progress thread not too long ago anyway about Chankast speed improvements and possible Xbox port. There have been more than 10 of these pointless threads, if I was mod here I would just delete them straight away.

That reminds me:

Next Chanka, when?

:p

quzar

I really doubt there will be a subsequent release any time soon. Unai promised to make it open source for the next release, and i really dont think they want to do that.

I have a version of Chankast that was compiled after 2.5 (around 6 months after), and there was no indication of speedup at all (it was given to me because it allowed for the loading of bins (unscrambled binaries) from the command line). This was built approximately the same time that they supposedly already had it running on the xbox, so I don't know how reliable that is =\.

Trotterwatch

Clements said:
There have been more than 10 of these pointless threads, if I was mod here I would just delete them straight away.

Yeah I used to close them but recieved a shedload of abuse (mainly from the same idiot who signed up under about 20 accounts to do so). Now I just leave them open for a while to burn out then will place a link to the sticky thread where all progress reports get posted.

rcgamer

the old guy
ragnor said:

If you truly do have a dreamcast then obviously these posts arent for you. I never said anything about emulating the dreamcast being bad. or that it had anything to do with it dying. I have used chanka myself. But you , i , and anyone else knows that not half the people who come in here asking for a new release ever owned a dc.

oh yeah, one of the rules of this emulation forum (I noticed these while I was trolling)is to not ask for new releases if i remember correctly.

Last edited:

ADnova

Well, the news thread was created to post any news, so there is no point making another thread asking about it.

As for the people who just said "go buy a Dreamcast", well I have a Dreamcast, but I also use Chankast. They are not mutually exclusive.

locust

Well, now that we're on it, I'm quite happy with the current Chankast state, however there are things that could have been solved in the interface that become pretty annoying and surely they are not much of a probl to fix, say:

- Every time you load a game, you have to under/ overclock it, again and again, there should be a way to fix the speed per game until further change.
- Same thing about capcom hack
-Mouse fooling around while emulation even in full screen mode.
-No way to switch off sound emulation, which would probably give some more fps so needed for example on VF3, at least it improves emulation when shut down the sound card on windows config.
-Corrupted bios from time to time needs to be replaced.

I think most of this is really easy to fix, only interface stuff, they can hold the next big thing for as many months as they want, but please fix some of these stuff :)

photek

locust said:
Well, now that we're on it, I'm quite happy with the current Chankast state, however there are things that could have been solved in the interface that become pretty annoying and surely they are not much of a probl to fix, say:

- Every time you load a game, you have to under/ overclock it, again and again, there should be a way to fix the speed per game until further change.
-No way to switch off sound emulation, which would probably give some more fps so needed for example on VF3, at least it improves emulation when shut down the sound card on windows config.

I think most of this is really easy to fix, only interface stuff, they can hold the next big thing for as many months as they want, but please fix some of these stuff :)

You can disable the sound in system device manager, and enable it again after playing without having to reboot

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
locust said:

Yeah, most of these things are not very hard to fix with the source but a lot harder without... the guys of Chankast Utilities tried to implement it into the last version (with ASM hacking), but nothing more than 1 official and 3 internal betas came out and all of these features still remain on the todo list... :( and the saddest thing is: I haven't got any files for month! The last message I got was a little article they wanted to have in English... *lol*
Sad, very sad...

abba

ZERO_TOP_HELPER
:icecream: :canadian: i am gettin loozey and lozey day by day but still getting these topic less messages (some of these guys really need specil cap
having a big dunce on it) they really need some brains :bye3:
homer1.jpg

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Trotterwatch said:
Yeah I used to close them but recieved a shedload of abuse (mainly from the same idiot who signed up under about 20 accounts to do so). Now I just leave them open for a while to burn out then will place a link to the sticky thread where all progress reports get posted.

Let me mod this forum too, we all know I can give more abuse than anybody else :D

Whaaaa Whaaaa I don't want to pay for my games whaaaa whaaaa! Chankast team owes me release whaaaaa! :bye3:

It's not just a DC we have to buy. Some of us don't even have a TV!

Then go steal a television, since you are using Chankast as a way of playing games you do not have you may as well nick a TV too.