What's new

DK64 [U] [!] Crashes system!!

bryantonline

Old School 1964
Donkey Kong 64 [!] Crashes just after DK throws Barrel at screen!

Name: bryantonline
Date: 10/03/03
1964 Version: Nineteen64 2003-10-02 PRIVATE

Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP1
Processor: Intel Pentium III
Processor Speed: 800MHz
BUS Speed: 133MHz
Amount of Memory: 256MB PC133
Graphics Accelerator Card: GeForce4 Ti4800SE
Audio Card: Soundblaster Audigy

Plugin Settings:

Video:
Rice's Daedalus 5.2.0

Audio:
Schibo's Audio Plugin 1.1 based on UltraHLE

Input:
N-Rage's Direct-Input8 V2 1.82a

RSP:
None

}}}}} Bug#1 {{{{{

Describe the Problem:
Seems to be Video Related, because it works fine with Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.1

How to Make this Problem Happen:
Run the Emulator with Rice's Daedalus 5.2.0, when DK Throws the Barrel at the screen, 1964 seems to lock the computer up.

How Often Does this Problem Happen? [Rarely; Sometimes; Often; Always]:
Always

Rate the Problem [Not Serious; A Minor Distraction; Annoying; Urgent]:
Not Serious, can use other plugin.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Does Windows XP reboot shortly after you see the video freeze?
(sometimes, because Windows XP is processing crash information in the background, it will take at least approximately 30 seconds after the video freezes before the PC reboots on it's own)

If it does, you possibly have the infinite loop crash problem.

Do you have any errors in the event log about the video getting stuck in a infinite loop after you rebooted the PC or after Windows rebooted automatically?

The video card being overclocked too much or not getting enough voltage probably will cause an infinite loop crash.

Information about the infinite loop crash problem will be found at:

http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=64

OP
B

bryantonline

Old School 1964
The video card being overclocked too much or not getting enough voltage probably will cause an infinite loop crash.

Windows won't reboot PC by itself.. I have to reboot it.. And I have never been plagued with this(infinite loop) problem. I didn't get any errors in the event log either. And I do have event logging turned on. I waited approximately 15 minutes to see if it would unfreeze, but it didn't.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
God, I used to have the infinite loop problem, because when I ran Need For Speed III for hours, I once seen the video freeze, but the music was still playing smoothly, then the PC rebooted and Windows XP logged stop code 0xEA in the event log.

I was using a GeForce2 MX200 at the time, and when I saw a Microsoft article reguarding the infinite loop crash problem, they blamed it on the Nvidia video driver that comes with Windows XP.

OK, I think there is a bug somewhere. I wonder if Shibo or Rice know about the problem you are having already.

I don't have this problem on my PC (WinXP, P4 1.7GHz, AIW 7500).
When I have some more free time, I'll see if my other PC has this problem (Win98SE, PIII 600MHz, TNT2).