What's new

dk64 : story skip - help plz!

perrro

i was trying to get dk64 working and i got the very newest pj64... then i read the game faq and it sed i can use some kind of story skip thing in the options.. and i need to do that to get the game working.. can neone help me??

OP
P

perrro

plz.... sum1... i reely need to fix this and i got no idea where to find the story skip option it talks about

CLSugarman

i haven't played the game itz somewhere like "options" on the menu. look everywhere first. then nag.

oh, and if you bothered to read the FAQ it would tell you this:

How do I get past the intro?
Make sure you have the latest RDB - with a Counter Factor of 4 the intro is fully viewable, OR enable the Story Skip option in the game options before you start a new game.

CLSugarman

this reminds me why i stopped posting at this board, just packed w/ ppl who don't read the rules, don't bother to search for things on their own, and NEVER look at the FAQs.

OP
P

perrro

dude. i searched on my own. i found the answer. ive looked everywhere. the smith clara faq site thing.. and the pj64 gae faq. smith clara doesnt mention story skip. the game faq does. i cannot find "story skip" in the emulator.

CLSugarman

do i have to quote from the FAQ AGAIN!?

now i see what smiff has to put up with.

How do I get past the intro?
Make sure you have the latest RDB - with a Counter Factor of 4 the intro is fully viewable, OR enable the Story Skip option in the game options before you start a new game.

OP
P

perrro

if u had read wat i had written - i kno that! i read that!
wat i am asking is - > Where is the story skip option??

CLSugarman

i put that again so that, since you can't find the story skip, you would do the other thing, which is updating the RDB so that the intro will work.

ok, i just ran the game. took me no more than 4 seconds to find out. goto options, and press the right analog button, then press down to turn story skip on. then press b. now you can play the game. literally 4 seconds.

Last edited:

Allnatural

perrro said:
if u had read wat i had written - i kno that! i read that!
wat i am asking is - > Where is the story skip option??
For cryin' out loud.:sleepy: It's a game option, not an emulator option. The FAQ is pretty clear about that.