What's new

DK64 performance

alessmz

Banned
i get with every n64 roms 60 fps with my pc.
the only one game which reach only 30 fps is dk64.
the question is : does anyone get 60fps with this? if so, on which system, rom region and settings with pj64?

my spec are: athlon xp 1700, radeon 8500, 256mb ddr

Smiff

Emutalk Member
put it back on recompiler, i left it on interpreter cos i didnt think it worked...

OP
A

alessmz

Banned
weel, i run the us version with the following settings:
- cpu core style recompliter
- smcm check mem & cache
- 4 mb expansion yes
- abl global sett

TLB yes
reg caching yes

x graphics:
- d3d t&l hal
- transfer mem
- the other sett as default

with all the other games everythiong is perfect

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yeah, but you need to select Recompiler under the "ROM Settings" tab while the game is loaded, then reset the ROM (F1). Sorry i wasnt clear. You should notice a rather large improvement in speed.

edit: well, maybe thats what you did, i cant tell from here, but it should be full speed so youve got sommat wrong with your config :p

OP
A

alessmz

Banned
well, absolutely incredible!!

now it locks at 60fps, mayne is too fast now!!!

thanks really, dunno if there are any setting to achive this results without cheating, but neverthless great work.

thanks again

OP
A

alessmz

Banned
UPDATE: surely recompiler is faster than interpreter, but when i change to rec in the rom setting, strange thing starts 2 happen, like joypad failure and, most important , the images keep on repeating every 2 or 3 seconds, ruining game and enjoyment.

if anyone has experienced the same proble and has found a solution.....

Allnatural

alessmz said:
UPDATE: surely recompiler is faster than interpreter, but when i change to rec in the rom setting, strange thing starts 2 happen, like joypad failure and, most important , the images keep on repeating every 2 or 3 seconds, ruining game and enjoyment.

if anyone has experienced the same proble and has found a solution.....
Are you referring to the jittery camera? Set the framebuffer to "Emulate Clear".

OP
A

alessmz

Banned
actually, i found this setting just after my last post, and it worked.
thanks anyway for your reply!:)