What's new

Divx/AVI Player

I've heard there are several players on the market that plug right into your TV and playback Divx / .AVI movies. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this, and how much they tipicly cost.

Last edited:

pandamoan

Banned
CrzCorvette said:
I've heard there are several players on the market that plug right into your TV and playback Divx / .AVI movies. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this, and how much they tipicly cost.

typically.... :) i just use an old computer with a cheap geforce or ati card that has TV out.

that way i can play all the .rm south parks and such that i have as well.

since most divx/dvd players are almost as much as that anyway.

plus then you can do all your n64 emulation, etc. on a real tv as well.

:)

Martin

Administrator
CrzCorvette said:
:( All the players are $200 and up.
Actually, all but the KISS DP-1000 are less than $200 on the links I gave you. I don't know where you're located but if you live in the US you can probably get them even cheaper.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Xbox will do everything the PC can do, plus it will run you only $200, and support HDTV for an extra $20.

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
yep. make the smart choice and buy a modded xbox. it'll play everything up to psx games in terms of emulation and xbox games of course. It'll also play nearly all know video formats and audio formats, and has support for rgb and hi-def component from the factory.

Tell me again - what makes a kiss divx player worth the money?;)