What's new

directx 8.1 help

wazzup980

just wondering ive been having problems with direct x 8.1,when i had the 8.0 i had no probs now my comp is really slow and i have
AMD Athlon 1.1 gig
356 megs of ram
Geforce 2 MX 400
Windows ME
people say it's windows me(witch i agree with i want winxp pro!!)
so before i get winxp profesinal is there a way to downgrade to directx 8.0?

Pheo

i am much against win me, especially for gaming but only from other puters. i have xp but do not find it too fascinating except for when you press ctl+alt+del and get a full(almost) system check.
when i used xp for emulation i got twice as many gfc errors as of 98 but that was when i had a voodoo 3.
looking to try win 2k for better gaming
may just be the drivers on ME, XP just may have better ones

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
witch?

ok you don't like ME but that's no reason to call it a witch!

i think there is a programm named DirectX Uninstaller ?

try google or somtin'

OP
W

wazzup980

well...........

not only that but my windows me is slow as hell.every time i reboot it it takes an hour for it to regain speed i hate that i just reinstalled directx 8.0 ya it's faster for me but its still clicky like pauses evey seconed for about a milliseconed and it really sucks any suggestions i tryed updating my drivers and reinstallin windows me but nothing helps

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
format and re install winME, thats your only option if you cant get winXP anytime soon.
winME's files get corrupted pretty fast so if you stick with that os you'll most likely have to format every 4-6 months.
you'll be wise to install win98se insted.

Pheo

maintance for os's, much fun, especially when everytime you install something you have to rellocate all of the icons to the place where you find them most suited.