What's new

Direct3d device creation failed !!PLEASE HELP!!

zerochaos

Ok so iam new to the forums but i have a major problem.I have tried to play the trial of re4 but everytime i try to start it it says direct3d device creation failed now i have seen postes of this before but i really need a good answer. I have a intel p4 2.6 512 ram nvidia 4600 ti se 128 mb and a 120 gb hard drive please help me

OP
Z

zerochaos

damn it help

damn now it says unknown address and every time i try to put the gcm in the file thingy it cant find it

OP
Z

zerochaos

ok iam trying to run the re4 demo but now all the problems that i listed before i messin with me again

goriLLA89

i get that problem alot now too for odd reasons i haven't been able to try many games at the moment but both dolpin and dolwin give me this new greif....my sytem is slightly faster then the orginal posters,yes i used the .dll packs,yes i have directx 9.0c and fresh drivers for my nividia geforce fx go5200 card when it says "booting" the errors start and then it freezes the entire program.

my system is this:

p4 3.4 ghz
640 ram
geforce fx go5200 (that's a laptop specific card.) with 64 bits of on board ram.
30 gig hd

and yes after bootign most games i can't play them anyways my system over heats and then shuts itself down but that is beside the poitn i used to be baleto boot them andn ow i can't even do that and there is no real rhyme or reason for it.

OP
Z

zerochaos

Damn

k i have a p4 2.6 ghz nvidia 4600 ti se and 512 ram and i am trying to run resident evil 4

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
An administrator? In that case you're out of luck, his IQ is -20 OK? (lmao) :p
Anyway, giving some more info about your system would be helpfull.

Last edited:

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
You don't need anything... you should just wait untill someone wants to reply.
Posting each 10-30 min is not nice.

And remember this emu comes without warrenty, so if it doesn't works, to bad for you. It's not that we don't want to help or smth.

Posting screenshots / Telling driver/dx version would help too.

AND just like bositman says, USE the EDIT button instead of multiple replies

--[edit]-- Taken from my FAQ:
Q: I get a "Direct3d device creation failed" error what should i do?
A: Try switching to REF in the dolphin video plugin settings, if it doesn't work, it might be because you have an old video card and you should probably change or you are using old drivers, update them

Click here to view the FAQ
Rules of this forum & FAQ

Last edited:

txOjO

MDKEiToR
Not "neccesarly" problem for old card's.
I have a radeon 9800pro with 256mb and dx9c and P4HT 2.6ghz and 1 gb ram etc etc etc, but this "rom" if bad for my hand :D
Example: I have the bigger gcm = 1.4gb and shrink to the file 800mb+-
After shrink , my problem is the same at the zerochaos, but before shrink , the game run only the intro.
When i press start , crash and lock screen, time to stop emu.

I'm happy only with this. For play the game , I'll wait to the capcom sell in spain :D
(sorry the english)

goriLLA89

okay okay okay..i think this thing has escelated to an odd point....i'm not complaining myslef that the mulator doesn't work...it has worked fine for what i can play of it.

i'm very evry very greatful to these peole eventhough i own a game cube i can't play it on the road like i would like.

that being said i think some clearity (at least in my case ) is in order. it is simply this all of the sudden this "direct3d divece creation failed "error is happening when it didn't before the version 1.02 worked for a while but now even running the resident evil 4 demo gives me this error.

it just happenes suddenly one minute the emulator is booting the games jsut fine the next it's doing this and i swear i made no change to my system only installed the newest version of dolphin with the .dll packs, no need to install direct x 9.0c because it came with my half-life 2 i got for x-mas.

my system can handle the emulator it's jsut my graphics card that can't i have all the requirments listed on the requirments page (and then some) except the graphics card.

but i could still boot the roms well it was going in game that always killed my system but that's not the emulators fault(and not what i'm writign about.) but it seem there is a bug possibly in the new v1.02 of dolphin as i get what seems to be the same error as the guy who started this post. and i'm sorry i can't take screenshots of what is going wrong and what the error says.

LI9UID

Hi,
i've found how to resolve this problem,
i've installed a server with windows server 2003 (geforce4mx,256ddr,ax1800)
and i tried to launch dolphin but i got this "direct3d device creation failed".
this is because Servers OS's will set all graphics options to the minimum (graphic acceleration etc...) and of course when you install directx, the directdraw renderer is set to "disabled" which will automaticaly disable Direct3D.
Perhaps it's the same on your computer , it is possible that other os's will do the same.

To resolve this , i first get into the "display properties" (don't know the name in english sorry, my os is french) click on "Settings" tab (where there is the screen resolution) then click on "Advanced".
here i had to set the "graphics acceleration" to max.
After this i click on the main "Start" button , then "Execute" , type "dxdiag" , you'll have the directx control panel , click on the third tab ("display" i think)
then activate "DirectDraw" , it will automaticaly activate "Direct3D".
Reboot , and you're done, now you can launch Dolphin ! v( ^_^ )v

I hope this will help.
Sorry for my bad english !

lunatik (ps: Great job for this final release ! you all rocks !!!! )

OP
Z

zerochaos

I have all that stuff like the last guy said but now it says pse isnt set and unknown address> it says pse in hid2 isnt set then unknown address

Last edited:

iker

You can fix this by executing CleanRegistry, you can found this file inside dolphin root directory, if that doesn't fix the problem (it should, and probably will), Unzip the dolphin original file to a new empty Folder (execute CleanRegistry anyways).

ArgJuli

Argentine emutalk-tennisplayer
I am also new in here. And I have the same problem of zerochaos...When I run the game Luigi's Mansion, an error occurs "Direct3D device creation failed" and then Dolphin crashes. My PC: Intel Pentium4...2,6Ghz...260MB ram....video card: S3 Prosavage DDR...with new drivers...and I installed 9.0c directx and the plugins.....I think that this problem is for my video card....