What's new

Direct 3D radeon prob solved

TabUK

Hi not sure whether this is still much of a prob really, but i managed to get PJ64 running nicely on my radeon 9600xt, solid 60fps upto 300 somtimes ;)

Basically i took jabos Jabo_Direct3D6.dll deleted it and in the same directory i put 'd3d9.dll' found in windows/system. I then renamed d3d9.dll to Jabo_Direct3D6.dll . i now run d3d pj64 on my radeon, not sure if this really helps anyone anymore but every bit helps doesn't it :).

Not sure if u get the same options as u would with jabos dll tho, and the emulation seems to continue even when the window is not active now lol.

Oh sorry forgot to mention this for those like myself who has trouble runnin d3d thru pj (with jabbo or rice) and opengl jsut grinds to a halt like 3fps.

Last edited:

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Renamed a DirectX dll to work like a graphic plugin?????

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........... noobs....... :D

Problably you're using the dx7 1.4 version of jabo's plugins and not the dx6 1.5........

OP
T

TabUK

sorry i don't meet your high standards there m8, just remember not everyone who uses computers is a programmer.
No idea bout the plug i just dl'd the pj1.5 installer, i tried rice's latest too, no joy with directx, only opengl, but after a few seconds opengl goes down to a bout 4fps then slowly dies.

Last edited:

Allnatural

wtf?

I have no idea what you really did, but you didn't do what you think you did.

Who would have thought that Microsoft uses zilmar spec. :happy:

vleespet

The decent one
Actually they do, and this guy has figured it out! You should definitly contact Microsoft about this, since they can help improving this emulator, and they may even be able to add support for xbox games!

-Shadow-

Banned
Huh ? ho ?

/me is confused @.@

Is this a joke or something ? I mean that DX9 plugin o_O

DX9 with zimilar specs... pfffft...

Last edited:

Clements

TabUK said:
Hi not sure whether this is still much of a prob really, but i managed to get PJ64 running nicely on my radeon 9600xt, solid 60fps upto 300 somtimes ;)

Basically i took jabos Jabo_Direct3D6.dll deleted it and in the same directory i put 'd3d9.dll' found in windows/system. I then renamed d3d9.dll to Jabo_Direct3D6.dll . i now run d3d pj64 on my radeon, not sure if this really helps anyone anymore but every bit helps doesn't it :).

Not sure if u get the same options as u would with jabos dll tho, and the emulation seems to continue even when the window is not active now lol.

Oh sorry forgot to mention this for those like myself who has trouble runnin d3d thru pj (with jabbo or rice) and opengl jsut grinds to a halt like 3fps.

No. What solved the problem is that you deleted Jabo_Direct3D6.dll. It is the source of all the driver issues that Radeon cards people have been experiencing. The renamed 'd3d9' made no difference since it isn't even a plugin, just a Direct X file.

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
Nighty0 said:
Renamed a DirectX dll to work like a graphic plugin?????

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........... noobs....... :D

Problably you're using the dx7 1.4 version of jabo's plugins and not the dx6 1.5........

FireFox rules!!! I use it on FreeBSD