What's new

Direc3D device

Mewthree

At first, I could'nt play Pokémon Stadium 2, because of the plugins. I changed which ones it used. The video plugin still didn't work, so I downloaded Direct64 (the latest version of it).

And now I could get to the point where I click on the game. It starts loading, but when it is completed I get the error message (and I quote):

Error creating Direc3D device!

So.... How do I fix it?

I have a friend for which I am downloading all the Pokémon games, which are a lot. The problem is, he needs them by thursday.

mudlord

Banned
Well, first of all, we need to know your video card type and your friend's.

It might be that your video card lacks the shader support needed to run the plugin. Glide64 with the Glide3x wrapper also needs shader support for best emulation.

OP
M

Mewthree

I have absolutely no idea what video card I have. Can anyone tell me how I can see that?

My friend has an ancient Windows 95, so Im guessing his video card isnt the best there is....

Oh, and I tried Glide64. When I go to ''settings'' to change it to that, it gives an error message saying it can't load that one.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Start --> Run, type dxdiag. Press Enter. Check the Display tab in the program that starts.

You are missing Glide3x.dll, that's why Glide64 refuses to work.

OP
M

Mewthree

No, I have Glide3x.dll

I was to put it in the ''emu'' folder. I don't have one, so I just put it in the main folder for PJ64. I put the other .dll and .ini in the ''plugins'' folder.

zaba_3

No, I have Glide3x.dll

I was to put it in the ''emu'' folder. I don't have one, so I just put it in the main folder for PJ64. I put the other .dll and .ini in the ''plugins'' folder.

what error you get when you use jabos plugin?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
No, I have Glide3x.dll

"emu folder" refers to whatever folder you installed PJ64 in. :/

Since glide3x.dll doesn't seem to be the problem, your graphics card drivers might be too old or corrupted. That, or then your graphics card is below minimum requirements, or there something else that prevents graphics hardware initialization.