What's new

Diddy Kong Racing freezing in Dragon Forest

SA2

Hi there.. I joined hoping someone could help me out with this. I've looked around and haven't really found anything on it.. So if I missed something I apologize. Anyway..

I've been playing the game normally for the most part.. I've only used cheats such as the "Have all Trophies" and "Have the T.T. Amulet" None of the have all the balloons or stages completed or anything, not even the have all keys one or have the Wizpig amulet.

I'm up to Dragon Forest, with 35 balloons, have completed one of the Silver Coin races there, in Windmill Plains, so I go on to the next ones.. But the next two I try freeze every single time at around the same point. I can't try the 4th stage (Haunted Woods) Because I don't have enough balloons. I feel really stuck. Is there some way I can stop the freezing? I want to actually beat this game without using the cheats to do it (have all levels beaten, 99 balloons)

If there's no way to fix this, is there a way someone could give me a save up to this point?

I'll attach screenshots of the locations that the game freezes at. It only happens in Boulder Canyon and Greenwood Village that I know of. Haven't had this issue in the game until this point. Everything else went fine.

to note: The game freezes but the music continues to play.
didd2.png
diddy1.png

OP
SA2

SA2

try updating to the latest unofficial rdb and install jabo's 1.6.1 plugin pack

Okay, I tried that.. still the same issue :( I tried that rdb but I'm not quite sure I may have used it right? I can't seem to find out how to use it. But I tried it and it didn't seem to fix it.

DETOMINE

Okay, I tried that.. still the same issue :( I tried that rdb but I'm not quite sure I may have used it right? I can't seem to find out how to use it. But I tried it and it didn't seem to fix it.
-download the latest rdb http://nekokabu.s7.xrea.com/soft/dcl.cgi?act=up&url=pj64_uo_rdb_423.zip
-extract the file project64.rdb
-replace the file project64.rdb that already exists in the project64 folder (i.e. the one with project64.exe in it).

I'm guessing you're using the video plugin jabo D8 1.6.1. You should try Glide64 final instead of Jabo, just in case.

OP
SA2

SA2

Mmkay. I tried that, didn't work.. I tried installing that Glide64 pack.. that won't install. s: Well, it says "Failed to load"