What's new

Desynch, Can it be stoped?

Vildar

Hey, i have noticed when playing the 1964 Emu online using the Kailler client with my mates and something i found out called Desynch happend. I found a description on another site.

""Desynch is when 2 player's Kaillera enabled emulators get out of synch, so what you're pressing is not what the other person is seeing. It's an unfortunate reality using Kaillera, because making an emulator play over the Internet when that's not what it was originally intended to do is technically very difficult. Fast stable Internet connections for all players is the best prevention."

Me and my mate both have a good internet conection, and i was wondering if there is a way that we can stop this from hapening, or notify us when it is.

I host my own server on my machine. And it is not just my server as i have gone onto a proper server and this has happend.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
See if both of you aren't doing any downloads. It's been a while since I last played on Kaillera, and I don't remember if what causes desynch really is the speed connection or your computer's capability of running the emulator, so just to be sure, see if you aren't running any programs that may be CPU intensive.

Also, since you're using 1964, try to mess around a little with the Lag option just below the Start Netplay. Or even change the video and audio plugins (make sure both of you are using the same plugins). But I don't think there's a way to get rid of desynch 100%...

OP
V

Vildar

We have tried using the same plugins, no ones downloading anything and it still happens. I spose its just one of them things. Thanks for the help anyway, if anyone knows of anything els that can stop it or a plugin to a server to tell us when its happening thated be grand.

Iconoclast

No way in hell.

1964 and Nemu64 are on the extremist sides of their opposite advantages and disadvantages of the way they use NetPlay. Project64k just plain sucks.

As for the problem, not much I can say. Try testing with Rice's Daedalus 5.2.0 for graphics and Azimer's HLE for audio (no external RSP) for the fastest emulation speeds; may prevent desynchronization by reducing emulation tensity.

zaba_3

No way in hell.

1964 and Nemu64 are on the extremist sides of their opposite advantages and disadvantages of the way they use NetPlay. Project64k just plain sucks.

As for the problem, not much I can say. Try testing with Rice's Daedalus 5.2.0 for graphics and Azimer's HLE for audio (no external RSP) for the fastest emulation speeds; may prevent desynchronization by reducing emulation tensity.

Personally I have got good results with pj64k.
Do you have any facts or something to prove your statement?

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
In my old (crappy) computer, I used to experience a lot of desynch's with Pj64k (Pj64 itself couldn't run SSB at full speed during a battle...), even with a low windowed resolution. But 1964, using the same video plugins (and Azimer's HLE for audio), could run SSB at full speed, and the same goes to netplay. Now I get good results for both emulators, but from my experience, 1964 > Pj64k when it comes to netplay.

Iconoclast

Quite right.
Personally I have got good results with pj64k.
Do you have any facts or something to prove your statement?
At least someone around here knows how to work out a debate.

Yes, I can justify that. With Project64k...
  1. You can't use third-party graphics or sound plugins during NetPlay emulation.
  2. Using a different input plugin than the host disables your control over the game.
  3. Comes with a graphics plugin that will not work on NVidia's latest graphics drivers, making Project64k impossible to use.
  4. 1964 is faster; ironically good online stability.
  5. Nemu64 is stronger; good stability but terribly slow.
  6. Project64k is just stuck in-between as a failure of a neutral NetPlay emulator.

OP
V

Vildar

No way in hell.

They seem to work, but the GFX are a little screwed in my opinion. But its stoped the deysnch a little better. Thanks for the help people have some flowers :flowers: :p