What's new

Demul 0.5.6 Unable To Load Error

jradams76

Hi All,

I have Demul 0.5.6 installed. I'm trying to get dolphin blue running. I have the following in my roms folder:
awbios.zip
dc.zip
dolphin.zip

Inside the dc.zip file I have the following:

1_004_01.bin
1_011_01.bin
1_01d_01.bin
1_01d_02.bin
dc.dat

When I try and run dolphin blue I get an error that says Unable to Load Error? Does anyone know what else I'm forgetting. I have the C++ installation as well. The latest directx is there anything else I can try settings wise?

Thanks for all your help!

OP
J

jradams76

I have tried Demul 0.5.5 and it works great for some reason 0.5.6 seems to keep giving me the Unable to Load message? Is there anything else I can try?

I did notice that when I go into the Bios of Atomiswave that it does not have a check mark next to it like it does when I got into the Bios of Atomiswave in 0.5.5 could this be an issue?

RE: I think Dolphin Blue is an Atomiswave rom

Thanks

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Yeah, my bad I could have sworn Dolphin Blue was a Naomi game, and when I went to check my sources they gave me conflicting info. Regardless, if the game works fine in 0.5.5 and not in 0.5.6, why not jut use the version that the game works in?

Does the emulator say anything other than "Unable to Load"?

OP
J

jradams76

Yeah I probably will end up using 0.5.5 but 0.5.6 supports more games :) Sorry I'm new to the DreamCast/Naomi/Atomiswave emulators. I built a cabinet running MAME and wanted to add some of the unsupported or unplayable MAME games to it. In order to do so I have to use Demul to play some Atomiswave games and I have nulldc running to play some Dreamcast games.

The only thing that pops up is a msgbox that says "Unable to Load" and press ok and thats it :( At least in 0.5.5 I got messages saying I didnt setup the video or audio or controller. But with 0.5.6 I get no love :)

OP
J

jradams76

I tried all three video options. I installed the latest directx 10 since that is what it seems to be wanting for the other video options. (Mine defaults to the open gl video option) It is weird? since 5.5 works and not 5.6 I guess I can wait till 5.7 comes out :) Just didnt know if there was some sort of checklist and wish the error was a little more helpful but its ok.