What's new

Dead or Alive

^_^MvC*_*

I got limited edt. but its has to files: first one DOA2LE_ECH.mdf (734 670 mb big) and Second DOA2LE_ECH ( 2 kb big) how do i play them :huh:

DrIdiot

use a program like Alcohol 120% to mount it on your CD drive.

i still couldnt get it to work though :/

freezes up for me

ssj2joe

The problem was fixed for people who have been trying doa2le then.

This emulator only plays selfboot games right now. You will have to make this selfbooting to get it to work in chankast. Look up old topics for help. You might want to try the selfboot GUI topic.

airwolf

Wait a minute...

The problem was not fixed, at least not for the people that has the .mdf and .mds team of files. The fix only works on .cdi and the like images. You know, I have the same exact files and the same sizes. I have tried everything. Tried MagicISO to convert to ISO format. Then used CDmage to go to bin format, then use Exoboot to create self-boot image. Didn't work. My file name says that it is MDS and that it is self bootable. OK. Then I think the problem must be that damn Echelon intro that is freezing chanka .25 up. Any ideas? Anyone cracked this yet? Thanks.

BountyJedi

maybe you just load the mdf file only and not the mds file into daemontools right off atlest this worked for me as ive got .mdf and .mds too on soulcalibur just selected mdf file and it worked (although it might be due to something with selfboot soulcalibur alredy was selfboot)

airwolf

Ouch...

Daemon tools (3.29) will not mount the .mdf. It says 'invalid image file'. The .mds image descriptor I have does mount, but it is an Echelon rip. I get the black screen of death for chanka, then freezes up. I did try this: I copyied the contents that I mounted to a directory. There were subfolders. I took all the contents of each subfolder and put into root folder. Then I used latest Exoskeletor prog to create a .cdi image file from the data folder I created. That worked, but the .cdi image does the same black screen of death. Crap. What do I do. I have spent 4 hrs straight getting this to work. Someone must have an answer...

BountyJedi

well isnt echelon rips not compatible due to the intro movie or soemthing i dont know cuz i havent got any echelon rip.
im using 3.46 deamon tools and its working even though some people say only 3.29 works i've got no idea why it just does work =P

airwolf

I got it.

I got it going. I had to hexedit the damn Echelon intro out of the 1st_READ.BIN. I used Fastboot prog to create a .cdi image from my .mdf. Then used Exoskeletor's Exoboot to make self-bootable .cdi. Success!! Runs like a charm. Only 30 to 35 fps on my laptop though. I got a Dell Inspiron XPS, 3.4 Ghz, 1 gig Ram, ATI Radeon Mobility 9700 w/128Vram. I ordered the new ATI Radeon Mobility 9800 w/256Vram last week...still waiting to get it. Say, how do you know if this is DOA LIMITED EDITION? I don't see it anywhere in the game? Nice graphics, though. Love those bouncing B o o B s. At least now I know how to get rid of ECHELON crap.