What's new

Daemon Tools Issues

jerbear

I can't install Daemon Tools 3.29. I haven't tried other versions because this is the recommended one.

Towards the very end of installation, my computer will restart (an improper restart that causes a checkdisk before startup). Once I login, I'll get a message saying that my system has recovered from a serious error. Daemon Tools would be "sort of" installed. I'll try to run it and it'll give me an SCSI error. Also, my computer will find new hardware. It claims that I have some kind of BIOS thing. Once I uninstall Daemon tools. The new hardware bubble goes away.

I'm running on Windows XP with Service Pack 2.

Jabaturbo

Daemon 3.29? Argh!! ;)

Jerbear,

All this talk you see here about "use version 3.29 because this one will read the crappy CD images made by people that didn't know what they were doing" IMHO is simply unaceptable. Daemon 4.0 will be out this month, it's a awesome tool and I guess it deserves better than that! ;)

You really don't need to use a super old version of Daemon if you don't want to. This single post says what you need to do to be able to use the latest Daemon:

http://www.emutalk.net/212935-post6.html

It worked for me. You can even use a CD-RW so you don't waste a CD in the process.