What's new

DAEMON Tools and Chankast

Martyx

Hi there... I don't mean to be a pain and I don't usually ask for help on things, but this is really confusing me.

I run Windows 2000 and have used DAEMON Tools (3.46) for a while now (SVCD movies and games). I successfully installed Chankast and checked my ASPI drivers and everything seemed fine.

However, No matter what I try - Chankast always crashes Chankast_Alpha_.exe has generated errors in Windows...blah, blah whenever I try to play a game. I've uninstalled 3.46 and installed 3.29, it always crashes. I loaded up Chankast and it had defaulted back to my D drive (DVDROM Drive with an AudioCD in it) which booted up fine and I could play the music tracks - so I mounted the game again and did a CD>CD Copy using Nero Burn. This works fine!

The game is Soul Cailber (SelfBoot-MDS)

I'm quite happy to burn CDs to play games, but it's gonna require quite a few discs!

Does anyone have the same problem? Or have any ideas?

smcd

Chankast works fine with daemon tools in my experience. DUMP your OWN BIOS from your OWN DreamCast to get a legitimate one... that's a key to success.

Last edited:
OP
M

Martyx

What does it matter what BIOS I have?

The fact IT WORKS using a mounting the image on DAEMON Tools and doing a CD-to-CD copy using Nero (even though the Chankast FAQ says to avoid using CDs).

The emulator is fine, the BIOS is fine - it must be something to do with DAEMON Tools and ASPI. I'll try Alcohol 120%.