What's new

Daemon Tools 4.0

ADnova

Has anyone else with Windows XP Service Pack 2 installed tried Daemon Tools 4.0?
It installed cleanly, without any BSOD that the 3.29 version causes.
Unfortunately, CDI images still cause a IO error in Chankast.
Only Soul Calibur (which is in .mds/.mdf format) worked correctly.

I tried using cdi2nero to convert the cdi images, but the converted nrg images also cause an error.

Is anyone here familiar with creating self-boot .mds/.mdf format images? I'll do a search myself, but if you happen to know how already, then I'd appreciate it.

talker

D-Tool 4.0 screw'd my computer up. I was allways getting 'blue-screen' after installing it. =/

diablo2121

teh diAbLo
I switched to Alcohol 120%, and I have to say, it's a lot more friendly. You can mount images without even running Alcohol and it doesn't take as much resources to mount in image as Daemon. I recommend it.

Quezcatol

A use daemon tools 4.0 for grandia 2 and i got winxp service pack 2.
My pc is btw p4 3ghz 1024 ram ati radeon 9800 pro 256mb.
later today i have skies of arcadia too...gonna try DT4.0 but i heard i need 3. something?!

NepSquare

The bsod is due to the driver of your old Daemon (eg: a347bus.dll). Disable these in hardware manager, by booting safe mode and cancelling the loading of the driver while booting. If you don't disable upgrade/downgrade to another version while selecting the expert options, then name the bus driver axxxbus.dll (eg:a666bus.dll).

That would solve all ur Daemon issues.

peace.