What's new

Daedalus on XBOX

StrmnNrmn

Yeah, it's pretty fast at the moment, but then there's no audio (at the moment at least).

The xbox controller works pretty well, it's just the buttons don't map perfectly onto an n64 controller. What's quite interesting though is that the devkits come with a USB converter, which raises the possibility of using an adaptoid. I've tried this before, but the xbox won't even enumerate the device, so I need to look into the documentation a bit further.

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
So how would this work exactly? Are you going to release an ISO of the emulator, and then we burn as many roms onto the CD as we can? Or do we install it on to the Xbox HD, and burn a data CD of roms?

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
He will not release an iso to the public, because that's against some license I guess... He'll maybe release the sourcecode (I hope :) )

I don't have it so I don't know, but since you have to burn the roms on the cd or dvd with MameX I think it's the same with Daedalus. You don't install anything on the harddrive...

StrmnNrmn: Just curious, have you made so the games can save, or will you implent this in the future?

BladeX

As an X-Box owner this is very exciting news. And I hope for a release, I was just wonderin if u could possible post some shots of the interface to select games like they have on DreamSnes etc. or has this not been implemented?

tim_vowles

i have several Daedalus movies... the Emu runs really fast.
Mario is like on steriods.. This emu was leaked and is banned for discussion. a new version is coming soon for the public.
so wait patiently.

Loto_Bak

The gamecube is much harder to mod than the xbox because of custom hardware. It runs with a powerPC chip and is unlike pc hardware. Believe me people are working on it, i have also seen movies of a gamecube booting backups.

Currently there are some issues, such as there is a barcode on the inner ring of the mini-dvdrs and is read by the gamecube at boot

Mini-dvdrs are easy to come by because many new digital video cameras are using them to record. Search for mini-dvdrs and you will find man retailers. If you want to see the movies they are on lik-sang.com somewhere (in the news i think)

Remote

Weren't the GC movies posted at lik-sang.com a couple of months ago extremely made up, i.e they connected a GC to a TV set and then pretended to run it off the PC... :ermm:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Remote said:
Weren't the GC movies posted at lik-sang.com a couple of months ago extremely made up, i.e they connected a GC to a TV set and then pretended to run it off the PC... :ermm:

Quit reviving dead threads n00b. :happy: j/k