What's new

D3D HAL issues

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Thta's exactly what I was trying, reallyjoel, haha. Tough to configure options when it tells you to initiallize the dll file first, haha.

reallyjoel

i have now reverted back to catalyst drivers 3.10 (the last in the 3.xx series, as far as i can tell) and that didnt solve the problem.. instead it introduced the exact same problem to 1964 instead..!! arghhhh

though i can still get OpenGL going in 1964. strange how OpenGL runs at about 3fps in PJ64..

i've now tried every possible solution and combination of solutions.. except for downgrading the OS, but im not sure i really wanna do that.. maybe i can run a Linux emulator, and rune Wine on that, that runs Win98, that in turn runs PJ64, that might just do it.

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Modem said:
Thta's exactly what I was trying, reallyjoel, haha. Tough to configure options when it tells you to initiallize the dll file first, haha.
Removing all PJ64 settings helps in that case....

Trotterwatch

Well isn't the Radeon 9000 pretty much a Radeon 8500 card with different memory/clock speed? So it should in theory act the same as this Radeon 8500.

Not sure about the Radeon9600 (I don't keep up with ATI's wacko numbering system too much).

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
I'll give removing the reg entries eventually. Right now, I'm using my voodoo2/glide64, and that seems to be working pretty well (except for the 4 moons in Zelda, and a few other games crashing). :)