What's new

Crusin Exotica Artifacting video problems

dsl_iso

Is there a problem with Crusin Exotica under the latest Mupen64 with Rice plugin? There's nothing in the wiki about this game, I also searched this forum and nothing is posted about it. I get a lot of strange artifacts during gameplay. Is there some magical combination of video settings to make it look proper? Thanks.

Richard42

Emulator Developer
Is there a problem with Crusin Exotica under the latest Mupen64 with Rice plugin? There's nothing in the wiki about this game, I also searched this forum and nothing is posted about it. I get a lot of strange artifacts during gameplay. Is there some magical combination of video settings to make it look proper? Thanks.

The wiki is a work in progress - there aren't many games listed there yet. It's probably has a lot of problems. I do remember playing one of the Cruisin games without many artifacts. Maybe you should try glN64 or glide64 instead of rice.

OP
D

dsl_iso

Thanks for the reply. There are a number of issues with other crusin games. The one that works is Crusin USA, at least with Rice. I was just wondering if anyone found a good combo of settings that work. I've been playing with it and haven't found anything yet.

Richard42

Emulator Developer
Thanks for the reply. There are a number of issues with other crusin games. The one that works is Crusin USA, at least with Rice. I was just wondering if anyone found a good combo of settings that work. I've been playing with it and haven't found anything yet.

I played all 3 of these tonight on my minipc. Cruisin USA was visually perfect but a little slow with glide64. Cruisin Exotica played perfectly with no artifacts with glide64. Cruisin World looked flawless with Rice. This is on a 64-bit system. All of the video pluigns have problems with certain games; Rice and glide64 both have several common artifacts, but each can also display some games nearly perfectly.

OP
D

dsl_iso

I played all 3 of these tonight on my minipc. Cruisin USA was visually perfect but a little slow with glide64. Cruisin Exotica played perfectly with no artifacts with glide64. Cruisin World looked flawless with Rice. This is on a 64-bit system. All of the video pluigns have problems with certain games; Rice and glide64 both have several common artifacts, but each can also display some games nearly perfectly.

whoa, you're right about Glide64, I guess either I didn't try that plugin and thought I did or I was tired the night I was messing with it. Thanks.

Richard42

Emulator Developer
whoa, you're right about Glide64, I guess either I didn't try that plugin and thought I did or I was tired the night I was messing with it. Thanks.

Those games are great because the physics is hysterical. You run face first into a tree at about 90 mph, bounce to the side and keep going straight, and it only slows you down by a few mph. That's a recipe for fun. That and flinging the cones/barricades/cows up in the air. I laugh like a madman every time I play those games.