What's new

Creating a forum

SWAT_Marc

Ind. Design Student
Well, I've made a site for a skating group here in Valencia, Spain (you know the land of paellas and fallas :p).

The thing is that I want to create a forum but I've got no idea of that.

Do you know how to make a forum? Or how to create a pre-made one?

Thanks in advance :)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Tack a pick on a forum. Two good free forum softwares are ikonboard and phpbb, ikonboard being the one I'd pick. Then download and follow the instructions for installing the software and you should be set.

OP
SWAT_Marc

SWAT_Marc

Ind. Design Student
Hey!! Thank you to both of you ^_^

Lolforum looks nice, I'll check both options

:) (thanks again)

OP
SWAT_Marc

SWAT_Marc

Ind. Design Student
Uhm, interesting, thank you :)

As for the forums you must install (with a php-enabled server) I'll have to ask at my University, as the site is hosted there.

Thank you all :p

Doomulation

I think all the alternatives listed here are free. But yes, there are lots of such software out there, so go take a look around and take a pick to what you like. Or just choose something.
MySQL is a good database, which many boards, I suppose, supports. It is a good option to choose as storage, if possible.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Doomulation said:
I think all the alternatives listed here are free. But yes, there are lots of such software out there, so go take a look around and take a pick to what you like. Or just choose something.
MySQL is a good database, which many boards, I suppose, supports. It is a good option to choose as storage, if possible.
I haven't seen any forums software yet that doesn't require SQL, though I guess it's possible.;)

Doomulation

I guess not since it's very popular, but so again, I have typically not used any board besides ikonboard and phpbb.