What's new

CPUCool

gokuss4

Meh...
very interesting program i found. it could even overclock my cpu with my POS (piece of shit) motherboard. it had my mobo listed in the mobo selection list, along with many others you could choose from. it monitors your cpu temperature, and many other features. you can download the shareware version

http://www.podien.onlinehome.de/CPUCOOL.HTM

im not exactly sure what the difference is between the shareware and registered version. but its an interesting program. download it!

right now i have my cpu overclocked a little bit from 1466.7mhz to 1569.7mhz by uping my external bus speed from 133mhz to 142.7mhz. i could see a definate increase in speeds with many programs, mostly with n64 emulation. DANGER with overclocking. make sure you have a cpu fan if you attempt overclocking. copper shim and thermal compound to helps a lot.

Note: its best to overclock your cpu from your bios, if you dont have a mobo that supports overclocking, get this.

Last edited:

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Be sure also to test well the overclocked CPU to see if its stable. If not, you may get for example random crashes (especially in n64 games).

To test stability just run a few benchmarks (like the CPU Multimedia Benchmark in Sisoft Sandra) a couple of times. If the benchmark hangs, you overclocked to high.

Sometimes crashes aren't to frequent, but they may bother (oh! and they occur even with good fans, how much you can overclock depends also on your motherboard and cpu)

Flash

Technomage
NeTo said:
Be sure also to test well the overclocked CPU to see if its stable. If not, you may get for example random crashes (especially in n64 games).
Huh... I've got 40C when played Freelancer over 2 hours but can't get more than 38C with Pj64 or 1964. So N64 emus can't load Cel 900 too much.

To test stability just run a few benchmarks (like the CPU Multimedia Benchmark in Sisoft Sandra) a couple of times. If the benchmark hangs, you overclocked to high.

Best test is (never guess :) ) CPU stability test and CPUBurn (best is to run them both)

I've got 43Ñ after three
days of testing (Celeron 600@900, default voltage) its very good result because V5 6K is a good heater (not a big badass burner GF FX Ultra but 4 chips...)